Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

This is by far one of the best products i've tryed by far it does exacally what it says
the rain just sheets off the windows
just wondered if anyone else likes this product
it's only down side is the price 6.50 at my local BMS for the small bottle

Antony

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Totally agree but I use a similar product - Mer Rain Away.

Does the same thing, in fact at 70mph is can be a little trippy for the
first time seeing the rain drops just roll upwards and off.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Is Mer any cheaper because the rain x is pricey. I used the interior Rain x once or twice and it stopped the windows steaming up when it rained

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Is Mer any cheaper because the rain x is pricey.
I used the interior Rain x once or twice and it stopped the windows
steaming up when it rained
It was a while since I bought it but I think its around the same price.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is pricey but it's amazing how long a bottle lasts for, u only use a small amount on each windows it's like an oil base so it just wipes over, then all you do is wipe it off with a dry clean cloth or you can rinse it off and wipe it with a sponge
i normally do it after i've chamois so do it dry seems to work best

·
Registered
621 Posts
I love the stuff, water just sheets off and as you say first couple of times it rains when you first try it are freaky, i found myself watching the water sheet off not the road. [^o)]

The missus hates the stuff and thinks it's dangerous but thats women for ya.[;)] No offence to any women on the fourm.[:D]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I want some of this stuff but no where local to me (halfords etc) sells it.  Any ideas where I can pick some up from?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I've been using it for years, wont use anything else, it "ROCKS !!!! "

I also use their screen wash too, helps keep it working longer.....[Y]

·
Registered
359 Posts
Tried Rain-X for the first time today and so far I'm not that impressed. It does sheet the water at 70+ mph but when I do need to use the wipers at lower speeds I get some annoying smearing. Does that not bother anyone else? My Bosch wipers are only a month old.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Rain X is crap! makes the wipers judder like mad. Some have said to apply rain x to the wipers ASWELL, which I tried, and found it still made them judder!

Worse thing is, when the wipers judder, they wear out even faster!

Rain X is fine to use for the side windows and wing mirrors, but I wouldnt use it on windows that have wipers!

·
Registered
890 Posts
As said in most of the posts above - top product, and its never had any effects against my wipers.

One place to get it from, cheap as well, is ebay. I've bought it from kshah81, and no problems with product or service provided

·
Registered
338 Posts
Awesome product. I've used this for about 10 years now.

I apply it to all the windows, exterior mirrors and lights.

[H]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use the rain-x wipes on the back of the Passat, as there's no wiper there [:)]

they seem pretty good but i'd prefer a wiper

1 - 20 of 31 Posts