Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I finally got round to fit the net optic trim which I have had for about 8 months. Only one problem left to complete the job. I can't get the radio removal keys back out of the radio!! I got them out of the CD changer which sits above the radio but once I put them in the radio and pulled it out I can't get them back out. Any tips or tricks ppl can think of that might help me get them out? I've tried all I can think of now. [:mad:]

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
from memory there's a spring loaded clip on the side about the size of one of those wrigleys extra chewing gum pellets

i think they don't come out when you have the unit out unless you depress those tabs

it's been a while mind!

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Std stereos in Vag cars can sometimes be so much hassle, yet sometimes be so simple to remove!

Aftermarket ones are always easy. - Only need an old Rac/credit card usually.

An audi A3 (*I fart in the general direction of all A3's*) I did recently required half the dash to be removed as the unit would not come out with the keys.

When I did my Leon last night, the stereo came out in seconds with some home-made keys.

In my renault, all you had to do to remove the entire stereo and security cage was to undo 3 T10 bolts for it all to slide out nicely. - Nice and safe eh?

·
Touran Taxi
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, I had a peugeot and my stereo in that just slid straight in and out. Everything on the golf is 10x harder to do than the peugeot. I know which car I would rather drive tho [;)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.