Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all !
My radio aerial gasket/seal has perished and I'm having issues finding a good replacement on the interweb/ebay so if anyone can offer advice I would be most grateful.
Already bought a couple off ebay but did not fit.
The ones available from X8R seem to be the wrong size and are £7 each, a bit steep for a small seal.

Golf MK4 2002, usual roof aerial situated towards the rear of the car.

Currently got insulation tape around the base and looks shabby !

I sincerely hope anyone reading this is managing to stay C-19 free.
Keep safe.

·
Registered
Golf V6 4Motion BDE
19 Posts
Had the same problem finding one online, seems like most the golf MK4 gaskets on eBay have a completely different design and size. Ended up getting mine from the scrappy whilst I was getting other parts there, didn't charge me anything for it. Also soaked the gasket in 303 automotive protectant, great stuff for preserving various rubber parts from deterioration.

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
the ones you are on about are the right ones... the standard base is the same as any other "16v antenna" base used on a ton of brands, the way to put it on is to put it in hot water first so it is more flexible you than fit it around the base. You'll notice as soon as it cools down that it has formed a super tight seal with the base. Than you put the base back and screw it down... no sealer needed as it'll form a nice tight seal with the roof too.

So when you think it is to tight, that is the way they are made, you need to warm the rubber up (hot water) to get it to fit.

·
NooNoo
9,474 Posts
My eBay one was too large!

Dealers had the answer :)

Reactions: Jollie02

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
that is unlucky... than that wasn't for a 16v antenna base.. I found mine just looking for a 16v antenna base actually the mk4 standard antenna base is the same as the one used since the mk2 16v models. Even the base from the Halfords universal 16v antenna has the same dimensions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts