Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
I hear a dude who bought a preowned R32 approx 3 months ago has just sold his...wait for it for ?16500.

It deff had a full straight through exhaust system incl cats. I was told by him that it also has a AMD remap and showed 300bhp+ power plots. Hence I presume stage 3/4.

I think he did approx 10000 miles in 3 months. Lost only ?500 from what it cost him.

But who ever has the car now is the 3rd/4th owner I suppose.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sounds rather ungrateful to me.

Perhaps Mr Blonde wasn't going for it.

Every passenger I've taken out has had at least three heart attacks.

If any R owners wanna give me a heart attack id be most gratefull [;)]

·
Registered
627 Posts
I think some people need anger management classes on ere!!

Anyway, my Sinclair Spectrum is much better than any of your PCs and Macs n stuff... etc [;)]

You pays yer money and teks yer pick. I'd have an R32 like a shot if I could!! Am a bit gutted at the fact that I could have afforded one but didn't know, mind, not from a dealer.

A bit late now, but I'm sure the Cooper S will be bloomin ace!! Just not as ace as R32.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I've avoided posting to this topic for a while. Lots of venom and anger....so I thought I'd join in [:D]

I own an R32. I commute 80 miles a day in my R32 and as a result after 15 months it's cracking on for it's 30k mile birthday. I've added 20k since I bought the car. I took a new GTI out for a test drive and agree that it is a very capable, all round sort of car.

However, for me, it lacked one thing......the character that an R32 has. Okay, for the first year it will be a head turner but after that, there will be loads of them on the roads. When I got back into the R32 and fired it up after the test drive, it burbled away and just felt "right" and as if on cue a bloke pointed at my car as I drove past. Yes it's not a scientific opinion but hey, it's my opinion.

Don't get me wrong tho. If I didnt have the R32 and had the choice of buying either car, I'd buy the GTI.....BUT ONLY because it's the newer car.

As for the topic of prices, the VW dealers are offering really bad trade in prices, especially against the GTI. So bad that I got up and left the dealership. How they possibly thought they could tempt me to swap by offering naff all if beyond me.

So, I'm going to stick with my R32, probably for the next 2 years if I can afford it. Fuel consumption difference between it and the GTI really isn't that great for commuting (28-30mpg) and after 3 years prices will have dropped, but the pain wont be as much as selling now.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Mine's broken the 20k mark (only 14 months old!) and is now officially very second hand.

Still love it and I reckon it's now looser than ever.

Now I live in the SW again I can actually drive it properly despite now having to worry about parking it anywhere.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mine seems to get faster as the weeks pass. Even a mate commented about it the other day.

People say I am insane to use it for all the mileage I cover, however I'm one of those people that doesnt see the point in spending money on a car, only for it to live in the garage. What's the point in spending ?21k on a drivers car and not driving it !!

When the horrible time comes that I sell the car, I'll know that despite the high mileage, it will have been driven as intended (but not harshly) and all the parts have been serviced correctly and regularly. Therefore, no matter how much money it loses - I'll have enjoyed it - and at the end of the day that's all that matters !

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Whilst at the dealers the other day they advised that VW UK were limiting to 6000 cars in the first production year to keep some initial exclusivity (6000 as opposed to 750 R32's - where's the equality there)

PS

I fully support your comments Spanner... I bought mine to drive, and that I have...France/Belgium/Switzerland. Get yours over to the alpes next summer - you'll love it (Ps 69.9/l - for super in switzerland)

As for mileage - I will be trying to calm down a bit over the next 12mths - possible get a thrash about 3/4yr old PD 130 but if I don't I am not bothered.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by spanner on 27/01/2005 17:11:52

People say I am insane to use it for all the mileage I cover, however I'm one of those people that doesnt see the point in spending money on a car, only for it to live in the garage. What's the point in spending ?21k on a drivers car and not driving it !!

When the horrible time comes that I sell the car, I'll know that despite the high mileage, it will have been driven as intended (but not harshly) and all the parts have been serviced correctly and regularly. Therefore, no matter how much money it loses - I'll have enjoyed it - and at the end of the day that's all that matters !

....and just to add to that...in 14 months I did 22k miles in my E46 M3.....drive the damn thing, I say its not an ornament[:)]

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Quote: posted by tombee on 27/01/2005 23:02:27

I did have someone offer me 14k when I was selling mine!!

and i do hope once you got up off of the floor from laughing you slaped him and told him to wake up ? [:D]

anyway i agree with spanner about the buying a car to drive it comment and can only dream of getting the chance to own one

when they hit the ?14k mark i may consider one if they are still in good nick then [:D]

61 - 80 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.