Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by bigburd on 21/01/2005 16:19:02

....If I were to trade in/sell etc etc I would be looking for

a) R36?????

b) RS4?

c) Toureg?

d) keep it and buy a TDi run-around

But as it stands I am more than happy with the performance and enjoyment from the R and at the end of the day a car is always worth what you to believe it to be

Like the R as an everyday run-about and was thinking about my next car (ordered already) and decided to keep the R too. Might sell it but when who knows when.....basically when I feel like changing and as far as prices go pah[:p], the impetus to change will be enjoyment driven.

Like you said, I too paid what the R was worth to me which is always my approach to car buying.[;)]

·
Registered
627 Posts
Rats.. they're almost the same wonga I've payed for me Cooper S.

Now.. don't get me wrong, the Cooper S is a fantastic car and I can't wait til March 1st to get mine [:D] But I'd have had an R32 like a shot if I'd known!! Its just in a different class compared to EVERY other hot hatch out there. IMHO

PS.. no bickering from now on in this thread. We're sick of bickering

·
Registered
281 Posts
We need to start a VW car club. monthly subscription to get a different VW every month. A corrado vr6 (mmm), touareg v10, gti, r32, polo gti, lupo gti (?), phaeton (?!?) gttdi, anni pd/gti etc. Just like the classic car club. All those that dont want a GTI can leave it and ditto for the R32.[:D]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by rob.gti on 21/01/2005 17:20:48

Quote: posted by sutherlandm on 21/01/2005 16:30:19

Rob - Calm down!

You have repeatedly stated how you think the GTI is a lot better than the R (no a direct slad off, but not far from it) and although you had an R (a semed to LOVE it to bits at the time), the circumstances under which you got rid of it (i.e.total bad luck) would lead me to think you would prefer to distance yourself from it.

You'll either agree or throw a total fit now.

The GTI and R are both great, but they are quite different. End of story.

The R32 is great, but it primerily designed as a Track car. For normal Joe Bloggs, the GTI is far more suitable.

No salgging off... Just fact.

Interesting discussion each to their own but, the R32 is not primarily designed a track car...unless you mean round Tesco's car park[:p]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Quote: posted by sutherlandm on 25/01/2005 13:07:09

Sounds rather ungrateful to me.

Perhaps Mr Blonde wasn't going for it.

Every passenger I've taken out has had at least three heart attacks.

In all fairness it was mid day on a saturday and there was plenty of traffic about.

But I do like to baby my cars [;)]

J.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Doc - I thought the same/similar.

I reckon the R comes into it's own in dodgy conditions. The types of which you don't get on a track.

Married - You are being accused of having a slow car because you were driving it sensibly. Errrmmm....?!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Quote: posted by bone on 25/01/2005 04:53:59

Round TWO #DING DING#

Cooper S vs R32 [:D]

LOL! I meant I'd RATHER have an R32 than the CooperS I have ordered [:D]

Just didn't know R32s were as affordable.. damn. Oh well, too late now!

·
Registered
579 Posts
oh dear i feal sorry for anyone that buys the new mini.i work for bmw and these cars are always in for warranty work.they break down loads,have problems with the seat wiring causing the airbag lights to come on,dodgy steering racks(columns),wheel bearings after 14k,clutchs after 20k + here is the best one they have a design fault with the fronts and get through tyres every 10k at a cost of ?340 for 2 tyres.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.