Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up today.

All I can say is flying machine! Bit of a shock on the petrol side compared to the diesel, but seriously nice car! Someone could have told me not to put my foot down in first gear! Just lightly touch the accelerator and that's plenty!

I think I might have the lowest milage 04 plate R32 in the country, 1490 miles on it now. Everything is literally brand new on it

All I hope now is that it will be safe outside!

As my mate said 'I thought I knew fast....but this is ridiculous!'

Coming from a 90bhp TDI, it takes a bit of getting used to! Noticed you get a lot of looks and citreon saxo's seem to like you too. Hmm, not sure about the saxo's! Very very impressed with the car and its capabilities, now I just got to see how it effects the wallet. Now I have done what I want to do, i.e. got it, no doubt I will be selling it soon (I had 6 car's since I registered on this forum!). However, think this could be a keeper! So long as I remember to just lightly brush the accelerator!!

[:D]

·
Registered
530 Posts
congratulations with the new car, they are a real head turner! i wish you all the luck with it and try and keep her bewteen the ditches.

Noel

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats mate I reckon you got a good un there... dont forget Im first on the list if you do sell.
Mate, I will be in touch before I let anyone else know it's up for sale as know you were interested in it too. It's a stunning example it really is. I won't be selling it instantly! I just needed to do the R32 thing after wanting one for so long. Any other car would have been 'halfway' there. I just got to now judge the impact on my wallet. Plus if theres any hint of trouble with the people round here, it will go up for sale. Those are my only concerns, apart from that, it's 110% and everything I expected it to be and more.

The handbook still has the selophane stuff over the R32 logo, it really is that 'new'.

It's funny as people go past on the motorway and the passenger is bending his/her head to have a look. Plus, you get people staring in their rear view mirror. Had a Ford Ka with 3 girls in it, driver kept giving the car the eye, then the girl at the back turned round to have a look, then turned again.

It does look the part, especially in black with the blacked out rear windows.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
One thing you will never be able to go without is the 4motion system in winter... you wont realise how much this car will build confidence in adverse weather, they are so safe and predicatbale but still capable of husge speed... anything else will fell as dangerous as a moped on ice... especially powerfull RWD BMW's

·
Registered
906 Posts
Its good to hear you have finally got the R

I remember my VR6 when i first drove it from the garage but the R32 is in another league!

Tam

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing you will never be able to go without is the 4motion system in winter... you wont realise how much this car will build confidence in adverse weather, they are so safe and predicatbale but still capable of husge speed... anything else will fell as dangerous as a moped on ice... especially powerfull RWD BMW's
I can imagine. It's a hard ride, but there is absolutely NO bodyroll on any corners. The confidence it gives next to the wallowing TDI is excellent. Plus the speed it gives, which really is fast and holds the road is second to none. I only really been on the motorway with it, and 600 miles today is enough for me! But tommorow will be taking it on the A roads. You don't need the speed, and I'm certainly not one to thrash cars, but the pick up in 6th gear is absolutely amazing. And the noise, especially after 3k revs, well, thats in its own league.

The best thing, not one single rattle! Yet!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
So you finally got it grae.. so how is it on fuel [:p] lol.. and which will you be driving for the next few weeks eh? lol

Sat [y]

·
Registered
868 Posts
nice 1

Only thing is you will get used to the power within a month. I got my mapped 1.8t after having a ka and a 1.6 corsa and it felt bloody rapid. Now im so used to it I keep thinking somthing wrong with it, and just want more power!! lolol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Now I know youll all think im mad [:cool:]

but cant you have the best of both worlds ? the R32 package of great suspension and 4 wheel drive and a nice revoed tdi, say 200 bhp and lots of torque

then you could afford to fill the tank knowing it would see the week out

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Now I know youll all think im mad [:cool:]

but
cant you have the best of both worlds ? the R32 package of great
suspension and 4 wheel drive and a nice revoed tdi, say 200 bhp and
lots of torque

then you could afford to fill the tank knowing it would see the week out
yes
get an audi a3 quattro pd130 comes with leather recaros and
4motion.... just needs a few mods and it would be a good econiomic
equivaklant

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have always fancied putting a 150PD with a few Mods (say about 265) into an R32. Hmmm......... Future project me thinks.....

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha, you've found the over-sensitive throttle then?![:D] There is a way to cure that.....
Yer I think I found it! Thats the one where you blow on it slightly and you'll move! [:D]

I haven't got any pics yet. Though think a lot of you have seen it. It's peeing it down with rain outside though!

As for revo, hmmm, I'm already lining my pants as it is!

MPG isn't as bad as I expected either. I got 29 coming home yesterday, with cruise on at 80mph (I generally don't drive above 80 as I already been caught ans my licence is too valuable). Today doing the A roads, 20 mile trip to my parents house, was between 26 and 27. Got 30 on the way home as was stuck behind a massive lorry for about 10 miles.

Considering my V5 was usually giving 31mpg it's not a huge drop, but a huge performance increase.

Compared to the diesel, it's enough to make you cry, but that noise at 3-5k revs. Wow!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Naa theres a cheaper alternative to that, learn the kane the arse off it!

Have you done the exhaust mod yet, Graham?
LOL no! Only picked it up yesterday! Will keep it standard. The exhaust is rather boomy at low revs, say 6th gear at 45mph, but theres a way to cure that, and we all know it!

What is the exhaust mod? Take it is a new exhaust!?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts