Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the part number for the R32 (or a golf mk4 fitted with head light washers ) 5.5litre windscreen washer bottle so I can fit it to my anni I have ordered 2 from the dealers using there part number and both were wrong so does any one have the correct part numder or could have a look at there car for the number [:D]

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi m8, Just spoke to my mate at VW Macc and the part number he gave me for the 5.5ltr washer bottle as fitted to a mkIV golf

with winter pack (which includes headlight washers) is 1JO955453L and costs ?27.86 inc vat

HTH[:D]

Carl

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
hi mate.

sorry can't remember part number but i've done this mod swopping bottle for the bigger 5.5ltr

and it's an absolute pig of a job to get the bigger bottle in.

you need toi take quite a few pipes and other bits off to get it in.

good luck.

jase...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi m8, Just spoke to my mate at VW Macc and the part number he gave me for the 5.5ltr washer bottle as fitted to a mkIV golf

with winter pack (which includes headlight washers) is 1JO955453L and costs ?27.86 inc vat

Carl
This is the numder for the bottle that I keep getting it is the wrong part any one have the correct number

·
Registered
621 Posts

Carl
This is the numder for the bottle that I keep getting it is the wrong part any one have the correct number
[:$]Sorry about that j11ajs, was just trying to help. looks like my mate needs a slap or two[:#]

Carl

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Carl
[:$]Sorry about that j11ajs, was just trying to help. looks like my mate needs a slap or two[:#]

Carl
Not your fault m8 thanks for trying [:D]if the dealers cant get it right what chance have we got[:'(]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Just been out to look and it's on the back of the washer bottle and is very difficult to see...

The numbers I can see though look like 1JO 955 459 - the last 9 could be a 3 though. I can't read any further than that, so hope it is of some use, although it looks like the same as the part no. you were given that was wrong.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Cheers it is on the bottle but I am not sure were
Hi j11ajs,

I've just looked on my 5.5ltr washer bottle for the part number, to try to redeam myself. I'm sorry to say but it's the same number I gave in an earlier post, which is 1J0955453 only differance is there is no L on the end of the number on the one fitted to my car.

For anyone else that could check for "j11ajs" it can be found on the rear of the bottle about 3 inches down.

I'm sorry I can't help anymore than that.

Carl

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi j11ajs,

I've just looked on my 5.5ltr washer bottle for the part number, to try to redeam myself. I'm sorry to say but it's the same number I gave in an earlier post, which is 1J0955453 only differance is there is no L on the end of the number on the one fitted to my car.

For anyone else that could check for "j11ajs" it can be found on the rear of the bottle about 3 inches down.

Carl
Does the one fitted to your car fit to the same points as the 3 litre bottle

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi mate.....I take it this is all towards fitting of the S3 washer/P/steering cover???...If so put in a search as i`ve read somewhere about what is needed to carry out this Mod....all the Pt No`s were listed...and prices etc....(Think It might of been on VWvortex tho?)...as far as I can remember the 5.5ltr washer is ?45 ish..[:O][:O]..which is shocking.....I`m doing this Mod myself....but gonna source a bottle from a breakers instead.....

as carl said think the only difference in the Pt No is the "L" at the end.......

HTH

Nick

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Can you get the 5.5ltr bottle with the sensor in so I can have the dash warning which I currently dont have?

If so where does this sensor plug in and how do you program it in (VAG-COM)

Approx Prices would be good to!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi mate.....I take it this is all towards fitting of the S3 washer/P/steering cover???...If so put in a search as i`ve read somewhere about what is needed to carry out this Mod....all the Pt No`s were listed...and prices etc....(Think It might of been on VWvortex tho?)...as far as I can remember the 5.5ltr washer is ?45 ish..[:O][:O]..which is shocking.....I`m doing this Mod myself....but gonna source a bottle from a breakers instead.....

as carl said think the only difference in the Pt No is the "L" at the end.......

HTH

Nick
I have all the other parts just need the washer bottle now[:(]

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
i have done this and the bottle isn't anything like ?45.

do you have head light washers as the bigger bottle has the extra hole and will need sealing if not.

the sencor for the level is not part of the bottle ,there is just a hole to put your old one into.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi j11ajs,

Carl
Does the one fitted to your car fit to the same points as the 3 litre bottle
Hi mate,

I wouldn't have thought there would be different fixing points, just a modified bottle shape to allow for the extra water.

There is a fixing point on the inner wing and another just below the washerbottle pump on the front appart from that I can't see any others.

I do have pics but will need you to PM your e-mail so i can (try to) send them over. Don't know how to post pics[:$]

Carl

·
Registered
518 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of the S3 covers? - or possibly a link to past discussions on this topic?

Been thinking of doing this mod, but can't find any info using the search facility! (and i remember reading them ages ago!)

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
i've done this mod.the part number on my bottle is-1J0 955 453 K/J.this part does fit as it's on my car and fits fine.only thing i had to do is block the extra hole for the headlight washer as i dont have them.

there is 1 bolt on the iner wing and 1 just behind the head light right at the bottom,there is also a large locating plug with a ruber washer on the under side.

i can't stress what a pig this bottle is to get in.

this is my S3 cover(sprayed gloss black with extra metal flake)and 5.5 lts bottle(vw bottle no need for the S3 bottle)

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 23 Posts