Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone on here gone from a v6 4motion to an r32, is it worth the premium to change or am i better sticking with what i've got, jusst something to think about, also did vw make the r32 in anthracite grey as i've seen one for sale and it looks very nice, but not sure if it was a standard colour, its 21k.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
anthracite gey is a standard colour - but very rare....

Is is the R worth the extra money? drive one and let us know.....

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've done that twice.

A R32 in grey is like golddust to me :)

The transition is well worth it. However I feel that at least a remap and an exhaust is a must on every R32.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by flyfs6 on 05/01/2005 20:23:02

I've done that twice.

A R32 in grey is like golddust to me :)

The transition is well worth it. However I feel that at least a remap and an exhaust is a must on every R32.

Although the R is a fantastic car, I disagree, I took an R32 out on a very extended test drive and have to say this is why I decided not to make the transition.... not enough of an improvement. The things that let the 4mo down can be resolved for a lot less money than buying an R.

I have only ever seen one genuine Anthracite grey R32... looked the absolute b*llox!!! [:D]

·
Registered
907 Posts
I agree with you too evil homer. I guess it makes more sense if you want to buy a car with nice factory OEM mods over a standard car...it has to be an R32.

A mate of mine has a grey R32. Unfortunately the colour wasn't availble when I bought mine.

Also in my opinion the older V6 4motion's are worth keep as long as they're hassle free. As I feel owners of such modded cars will get more value for money for their money keeping the V6 4motion anyday.

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
My V6 was a great car until she had problems! so got rid and got the R32. I am on the verge of selling her but I can't quite bring myself to do it... I would miss it too much!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by bone on 05/01/2005 22:33:33

Posted Image

Now I'm a Bora man but THAT is a lovely looking car.

Definetly drive it and see what you think. I have to compare, and the R is certainly 'better' than the 2.8; its got the things you would change on a 4Motion already done. Its sportier, has a quicker steering rack, the wheel feels better in your hand, it kicks just a little bit harder, and it looks just right. But as has been said, if you drive a 4Motion day to day anyway, it might not be 'better' enough to justify double the price. I think considering how much they have in common the 4mo gets overlooked - there is only 30BHP in it and with the right mods (handling and tyres!) it can be very close. But I wouldn't mind the Rs engine to drop into mine so I could chip it and get 270BHP

[;)]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Fair comments there bud, and understandable... id rather put the ?3500 it'd cost for the R lump into the eiptuning stage2 turbo tho... -450bhp achievable!!!! [:D][:D][:D]

(ive already done all the handling stuff... just brakes to do, then im getting saving!!![:D][:D])

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hehehe! No Imagine tuning the R32 lump...something silly like 500-600bhp!

Just a thought. More like what I'd love to do but cant justify.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote: posted by evilhomer on 05/01/2005 23:28:25

Fair comments there bud, and understandable... id rather put the ?3500 it'd cost for the R lump into the eiptuning stage2 turbo tho... -450bhp achievable!!!! [:D][:D][:D]

(ive already done all the handling stuff... just brakes to do, then im getting saving!!![:D][:D])

I second you on the eip tuning mr Evil! [:D][:D]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by flyfs6 on 05/01/2005 23:29:59

Hehehe! No Imagine tuning the R32 lump...something silly like 500-600bhp!

Just a thought. More like what I'd love to do but cant justify.

That's only cost effective if you already have the R lump thogh isnt it!!![^]

Otherwise your looking at upwards of ?7K for engine swap and turbo upgrade ... prob a lot more in the long run!![:D]

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hehehehe...we're going off topic here.

I guess the only way to compensate would be to spend loads and then give the machine a good trash.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by flyfs6 on 05/01/2005 23:37:19

Hehehehe...we're going off topic here.

I guess the only way to compensate would be to spend loads and then give the machine a good trash.

Very true.... people they are both very capable cars in standard and in modified form. You will not be disappointed with either, (Bar the R32's infamous drone which must be resolved by changing to a miltek exhaust!![;)])

hehe[:D]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by flyfs6 on 05/01/2005 23:58:46

Indeed! Milltek. Some folks actually like that drone.

Hehe thats why Miltek have become multi-bazillionaires from the amount of R32 exhausts thy've sold!![;)][:eek:)]

seriously though I dont know as many people with standard exhaust as I do with miltek!! Sorry for the diversion off topic again people!! [:I]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts