Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I was to make a video of the R32 which I'm thinking of doing hopefully tommorow with a mate if the weather is good, what would you guy's like to see?

All I can think of is from standstill and tearing off, drive by etc. I want to do the videos for my own purpose, so I got vid's of it, and also so that I can see and hear what it's like from the outside.

Would people be more concerned with the noise it makes for instance?

Idea's welcome, though this is all dependant on my mate as he has the digicam and all dependant on weather!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
sounds! drive past so you can hear the roar of the v6 and maybe some interior filming so you can hear what its like driving an r32!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Just the sound would do for me..

Golfgirl's car at Awesome RR last year was brilliant..

Open road, rolling road shots would be good.

Edit..

Get another mate to drive then he can hang out of the passenger door like Tabs did on our Rolling Road shoot.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rolling road shots would be difficult as my mate would have to drive his car and take a photo at the same time.

Interior while driving no problem, though it really does depend on gearage as to how good the sound is and also how good the digicam is at picking up the noise!

I can tell you what it's like driving one inside....boomy! [:p]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curley it's getting more difficult now! The other one which would have done it, and spent his time doing it had a baby not long ago, so he's pretty busy at the moment!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
For me it has to be lots of in-car stuff and if the camera is hard mounted (i.e to the head rest) then with a view of the clock's and the road as if it's hand held then thing become too shakey. But still lots of in-car stuff

2/p

Jay

P.s plenty of mashing on the noisy pedal would also be appreciated[:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure how easy mounting it would be. R32 seats are of course all one seat, so you can't mount it to the headrest very well at all. Guess its just a case of having a play. Hopefully tommorow, but dependant yet, but will do it at some point.

Got the moors on my doorstep, I literally live on the moors, right at the start, so even though I never explored the moors near where I am, should be some suitable hills, windy roads and open roads etc to have a play.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bit of a drive to Bodmin Moor though, im on the foot of Dartmoor.

Never go up there as it's far to open and windy for my liking! But should have ome nice places to do this kind of thing. The problem always comes on finding your way back off the moors though!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
any vid ive seen of the R has stood out purely for the sound of the thing , the v6 sounds fabulous , one of the best sounding cars out there , so a few drive buys to and from the camera should do the trick[Y] if someone else is filming mind

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to see you nailing it sideways, make her squeal.

The car that is
Which reminds me, when am I next seeing you!?

I'm doing no drifting in it, I don't know how and secondly the car means too much to me!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Not to worry EJO, im available anytime....

To take your car sideways for you, im a virgin at all this 4WD sliding so should be a lot of fun. Just me, you, an empty car park and a camera.

Seriously... drifting is major fun.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not to worry EJO, im available anytime....

To take your car sideways for you, im a virgin at all this 4WD sliding so should be a lot of fun. Just me, you, an empty car park and a camera.

Seriously... drifting is major fun.
What and leave the interior light on so we can see the fiddly bits when recording our most epic adventure [;)]

No one is taking my car...in any way!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
What I would love to see is a mapped 1.8T/150PD vs a Stock R32 side by side from various speeds. If I was closer, I would have taken part, but today, I am about 600 miles from you!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts