Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitting the new headlights with new bulbs, the light seems to be set up wrong though can anyone help me...

i set the levers on the inside down supposedly setting them for left hand drive .... is this correct the diaghram confused me slightly :)

any help would be great would like to get these sorted asap thanks !

pictures of beam direction etc would also be good?

·
Registered
95 Posts
i also did this when installing my depo engel eyes,theres a lever on the inside like you mentioned that needs to be flicked to change from LHD to RHD.

they come from the factory set as LHD

the lever's needs to be in the up postion (when the lights are on the car) on both headlamps for right hand drive [Y]

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok think that must be where i made the mistake :) thanks will change them tomorow,

also what is the best way to stop them condinsating, silica gel bags :D?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Just fitting the new headlights with new bulbs, the light seems to be set up wrong though can anyone help me...

i set the levers on the inside down supposedly setting them for left hand drive ..
That will be your problem. You need them set for right hand drive, so they point to the left as you sit in the car and look out [Y]

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had condensation on my drivers side light every time i got the pressure washer out, there are gromets on both headlight just above the dipped beam. Best idea i had was to take the gromets out on a dry day/night and drive everywhere with lowbeam on to evaporate any water end of the night put the grommets back on but was only a short term fix. mine to be re-sealed to eliminate this problem.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you have just fitted them on a cold damp day they will have moisture trapped inside, dry them out and they should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts