Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are they all the same? was taking to someone who asked a dealer parts dept and they said theres about 4 different types of steering wheels for the r32, is this true?????

and also said the air bag would need changed, ours (3 spoke gti bag) wouldn't fit the r 32 wheel.

the bit about the bag sounds wrong as i know craig v and phat phil have changed theres with out any problems

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
AFAIK you can get black with grey stitching and black with black stitching.

The wheel fits with the 3-spoke airbag, so that was stealer BS.

I have just purchsed blk/blk. Being fitted before the weekend using Foxy's instructions from the cruise control install.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Think you can also get them in Grey/Black, the rim being Grey to match the grey half leather interior, also there are two part no.s for the DSG equipped wheels in Black/Grey and Black/Black

Deffo no probs with fitment though[^]

·
Registered
570 Posts
I got mine replaced and had the 3spoke wheel before hand and my airbag swapped over just fine. Mine is black/black and I got it from a GB with Foxy [^]

Below is a photo of it fitted too

Posted Image

Have to say I'm very happy with it [^]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Alright Ger.

There are 4 types.

Manual - blk/blk & blk/gry

DSG - blk/blk & blk/gry

I got mine for cost ?198 at Arnold clark crow road.

I've got a blk/gry but would like to swap for a blk/blk so if your ordering let me know and I'll swap you.

Also, craigv (very very nice chap!!) swap mine for beer!! Cheers again Craig.

You won't regret buying one. They are simply fantastic.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[8D], thanks for all the feed back.

good shout phil, sounds like a plan, but i might need to borrow your car first to see if i like the wheel[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)] (only kidding)

what is DSG or what does it mean[?]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote: posted by Foxy on 13/05/2004 01:17:32

My R32 wheel cost me 130 dabs all-in before the popularity price hike!

How to win friends and influence people[B)][;)]

·
Registered
432 Posts
gerard,

just shout if you want me to fit it as my mate has the spline tool.there was a difference with phil over mine and that was the newer models have a additional plate that sits between the actual airbag and the wheel but you just swap the whole over and it is all cool.just to ake you sick i got mine for 136 ukp inc p/p but that before the price went silly.

craig

·
Registered
99 Posts
Quote: posted by MarkReading on 12/05/2004 23:03:28

I got mine replaced and had the 3spoke wheel before hand and my airbag swapped over just fine. Mine is black/black and I got it from a GB with Foxy [^]

Below is a photo of it fitted too

Posted Image

Have to say I'm very happy with it [^]

Mark what is the part no of your stearing wheel??? and would it fit in my standard TDI golf????

·
Registered
570 Posts
Alan - I'll go and have a look laters mate for you for the part no.

I would say that as long as you already have a 3spoke steering wheel then it will fit. My airbag was a straight swap over seeing as I already had a 3spoke leather wheel so should be ok but I'm sure others will say if it wont I'm sure.....

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
OK, I blame all of you!![:O] I went into the stealers to enquire about getting the code for my gamma so I can sell it (sat nav comin'[:D]) and before I knew what was happening I'd done it......1J0 419 091 DLQHT, it just flowed out and the deed was done, my R32 black/black steering wheel will be here (and fitted within minutes no doubt) on Saturday (VW have 4 in stock now!)[;)].

So, I came out of VW knowing I could get my gamma code FOC and wallet wimpering due to 220 quids worth of new steering wheel, ouch[:O]

So after reading about it from you all, a couple of suggestions from you guys and gal! D17ONA[;)] and seeing Marks pictures I stand by what I said, it's all your fault!!!!

Cheers, you're all pukka[;)]Can't wait[:D]

If me missus finds out though she'll kill me, probably slowly! And if nradfo01 finds out he'll tell me missus and watch her kill me! At least I'll have me chunky wheel though[;)][;)]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts