Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of putting some mark4 R32 seats into my gti. Just wanted to get opinions on how comfortable they are?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
224 Posts
Super comfy - really grip your body well - you'll never complain, well apart from the outlay - prepare to pay a fortune ?1k+

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
A fella on here, Lex i think his name is, paid 1500 for the seats, door cards and steering wheel! I think the money was suppose to be for insurance lol!

Carl

·
Registered
535 Posts
I bought the set (front and rear) a while back.

They are pure sex mate

They are so fitting. They are really easy to fit too.

If you can get them.............get them

I paid 1200 for mine, But mine were absolutly spot on. Immaculate

Dale

Let me know if you need some pics

·
Registered
555 Posts
get some recaros?or have you got them already?

get some konig aftermarket seats,same seats but no airbag connections.and also alot cheaper

·
Registered
535 Posts
The only thing with buying the aftermarket ones is you have to buy the sub frames aswell.

Also they have a slightly different shaped stitching etc. The body shape of the seat is the same though

Dale

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply's i think i will do as Dale r32 said and go for the proper ones rather than the aftermarket ones. Can't wait to get them now [:D]

·
Registered
535 Posts
Good choice mate

You won't regret it trust me.

Just don't pay over the top because people know how rare they are so will try and get as much as possible out of you.

Get some pics up when you get them bud

Dale

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Fella if the R's seats are too expensive for ya then maybe ahve a butchers at the leather recaros! I THINK they go for about 800 on the bay.

my 2p

Carl [Y]

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I have a set of 5 door R32 seats and doorcards which are worth a lot more now than when I bought them.  Going rate at the minute for just the seats is about ?1400+ for 5 door and ?1200+ for 3 door ones.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
They are a great thing to buy, it changes you car completly i love mine loads and i kno the money is alot as stated above but its worth every penny.
lmao the money was meant to be insurance and alloys but i screwed that up lol
honestly they are a great buy no matter of the price, they hug you and are mega comfortable , i need to take my drivers seat to VW becuase it got some loose bolts and sqeeks atm but its not a major noise.
mine looks shag?d when i got them but once fitted and sat in the leather became uncreased.
i would go for them if i were you
they come up on ebay every so often and go for around ?1000 - ?1500
hope you make the right choice [;)]
lex

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Ah, welcome back old thread. Haven't seen you in about 2 years!!!!!!

Ebay or german scrap yards are your best bet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts