Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
few quick qus

do they fit straight in a 1.6?

how much are they new from a stealer approx ?2000?

and how much would most of you be willing to pay for a set (so i know when i resell them [:p])

Also is 5 door and 3 door the same fittment??

Thank you

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yes they go straight in any Mk4 Golf or Audi A3/S3..

From a dealer, not sure, but I have heard something in the region of ?2500.

I personally bought a set from a car that was advertised on Ebay and I
paid silly money for them (something is always worth what your willing
to pay, especially if you want it bad enough!) and I know other people
that have paid between ?1000 and ?1500.

Check out my posts, perhaps a set of Recaro speeds might be as good for your desires?

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
few quick qus

do they fit straight in a 1.6? Yes

how much are they new from a stealer approx ?2000? May aswell buy from konig themselves and it will be cheaper but i think there like 3000 from dealers..

and how much would most of you be willing to pay for a set (so i know when i resell them [:p]) They go for anything from 1100-1800 depending on codition and if doorcards are supplied.

Also is 5 door and 3 door the same fittment?? Nope..

Thank you

No problem [:D]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they go straight in any Mk4 Golf or Audi A3/S3..

From a dealer, not sure, but I have heard something in the region of ?2500.

I personally bought a set from a car that was advertised on Ebay and I paid silly money for them (something is always worth what your willing to pay, especially if you want it bad enough!) and I know other people that have paid between ?1000 and ?1500.

Check out my posts, perhaps a set of Recaro speeds might be as good for your desires?
do you mind me asking how silly money [:p]

and do you have pics of them in your car, and why did you get rid of them?

thanks

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
few quick qus

do they fit straight in a 1.6? Yes

how much are they new from a stealer approx ?2000? May aswell buy from konig themselves and it will be cheaper but i think there like 3000 from dealers..

and how much would most of you be willing to pay for a set (so i know when i resell them [:p]) They go for anything from 1100-1800 depending on codition and if doorcards are supplied.

Also is 5 door and 3 door the same fittment?? Nope..

Thank you

No problem [:D]
is that the same as konig you sometimes here mention with making wheels for ferraris?

how much difference does it make without door cars (im not too fussed without them -they just have some lether and alloy bits on them right?)

3 door and 5 door - same in from different in back correct ?

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Silly money in my eyes was ?1400 plus my Recaro seats in part ex...

Check out my sig link for pics but I was evolving an R32 replica at a
time when the R32 had only just come out so consider it to be the first
and most faithful replica at that time... The only way you could tell
without lifting the bonnet was either the rear spoiler (I preferred the
Votex item to the R32/Anni one) or to look through the rear wheel
spokes at the angle of the shock absorbers (45 degrees on 4 motion cars
as opposed to vertical on FWD cars)....

I didnt get rid of them (loved em), they went with the car...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no pics of the seat on there though.

stunning cars though - i like the bad boy extar piece too - different and aggressive

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you gonna get the ones i showed u on msn? lol
they guy seems a bit of a jerk tbh

and they are clocth in the centres - i thought R32 seats we leather all over [^o)] ??????

anyone?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i rang up dealer about this, its ?1,000 for the drivers side leather, same for the passengers side leather, then you have to get the seats themselves which is annother grad each, just for the front two seats your looking at around ? 4000 wich is stupid!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
and they are clocth in the centres - i thought R32 seats we leather all over [^o)] ??????

anyone?
No, they came in a number of options, the ones on Fleabay are
leatherette with cloth centres (same ones i had) which i prefer to full
leather due to the sweaty ass factor of full leather [:)]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you gonna get the ones i showed u on msn? lol
they guy seems a bit of a jerk tbh
why is he a jerk? lol
i asked a few questions and his answer were very blunt. so then i asked why his feedback was -1 (i asked discrete and politey - not: why they hall does everyone hate you on ebay lol) and he is yet to respond

suprise suprise i guess

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
i have been looking at having my headliner and all the trims striped and coverd in alcantra including the sunroof cover and got a price of 250 quid.

Does that sound a good offer?

and all the black plastic bits that are in grey i can get from germany OEM for around 200 Quid.

and have all my door cards, seats and armrest done in leather for 1000 quid and then i can have any logo put on them i want.

so still lots to do

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
i have been looking at having my headliner and all the trims striped and coverd in alcantra including the sunroof cover and got a price of 250 quid.

Does that sound a good offer?

and all the black plastic bits that are in grey i can get from germany OEM for around 200 Quid.

and have all my door cards, seats and armrest done in leather for 1000 quid and then i can have any logo put on them i want.

so still lots to do
Do the headliner and trim yourself. ?250 is a major rip off but if you think it's worth it then go for it.
Pieces of trim from a scrappers is about ?50 at the top end of the scale and you could also paint them yourself for about ?20.
For ?1000 you could get recaros on ebay.
Baz

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
ok you could look at it that way, but to find the black trims and sun visors in a scrap yard is like looking for rocking horse pooooo and to paint them i think would be cheep and tacky and as for the headliner the 250 is including A B and C post trims in real alcantra not any fake stuff so i think it is not so much a steal but for the time and stress involved it will save a big mess and the cheep and nasty look i dont want.
and it will be done in a day

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
OK - sounds like i might have offended u so sorry about that if it came out wrong. I didn't mean get black ones in a scrap yard - i meant get white ones to paint a few times so you have a spare set to practice or try stuff on. I done my headliner in fake suede myself and it turned out pretty good. I'm in the process of doing it again in different material because i'm a little too fussy but i'll post pics when it's done as well. I went for the black and white 2 tone look.
But good luck with it all and ...... i just noticed this is a thread about r32 seats, whoops, seemed to have gone off a bit - was that my fault?
Anyway.......
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
65 Posts
Skierandy,

If you're going to get R32 seats, I would recommend getting original Konig ones retrimmed as the dealers will rip you completely.

My R32 has full black leather and after 20k miles only it has already sagged, nothing major but its not tight whereas the recaros from S3, RS6 etc is a much smoother leather and doesnt sag and will prob be cheaper.

The R32 ones came in 3 trims as well.

Full Leather

Half PVC, Half Fabric

Half Leather, Half Alcantara.

If someone tried to sell you Half Leather ones without the alcantara, then there PVC not, as everyone advertises them as leather.

Hope that helps

1 - 20 of 23 Posts