Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a quick search on the forum and not found anything, so i will ask here. Has anyone with an R32 suffered from squeaky seats?!?!?!?! Its driving me potty. Gonna have to book it in again at the dealers to sort it out.

Also noticed that the centre fabric panel has become loose on the passenger seat. It keeps falling forward and out of its recess.

The R32 experience is not being as good as it should [:(]

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mine dont squeak at all mate! Dont let it affect your thoughts on the car, go take her for a drive and you will soon forget about it!

·
Registered
712 Posts
When I took one for a test drive, the drivers seat was squeeking away like mad [:(] Kinda put me off... especially when he called a month later and said it was up for sale now (ex-demo) for ?24995... 2k above list! [:O]

Nice cars tho.. mmm!

·
Registered
326 Posts
The only 'squeak' I get is from my passenger seat when someone is sitting in it. Even then it's not the seat itself, but the seatbelt buckle that rattles when the seatbelt is clipped in.

I know some other R32 owners have had squeaky seats and have found that it's the bolsters in the middle that rub on the plastic surround of the gearlever/gearstick area? It does seem pretty close so it could be that?

Talking of the R32 experience not being as good as is it should, I have just started to be affected by the hesitation gremlins and to top it off half way through rotating my tyres, I managed to round off my McGard locking wheel nut key! Doh! Ordering a replacement part this afternoon!

Jeffers

·
Registered
837 Posts
Mine squeek when cold and my passenger seatbelt rattles too (despite being replaced). VW have looked at it but to no avail.

It can be annoying but I choose to drown it out with the loud pedal !!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hehe - the stereo and the "loud pedal" have both been used to full effect, but I am still gonna get it sorted. There is no way I am paying over ?20000 for a car with squeaky seats!!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Mine squeaked, The dealer fixed them really well by filling the joints with white grease.

They havn't squeked since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad I'm not the only R32 owner with rattles .. my passenger seat is really quite bad and now the driver's seat has just started squeeking too.

The driver's seat belt holder rattles ... and for the last moan, and the most annoying .. the handbrake button rattles like no-one's
business.

Anyone know how to open the seatbelt holder and how to remove the handbrake silver button?
Feel a little silly going back to the dealer saying the seat belt holder rattles as does the handbrake - what do you reckon?

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Anyone know how to open the seatbelt holder and how to remove the handbrake silver button?
Feel a little silly going back to the dealer saying the seat belt holder rattles as does the handbrake - what do you reckon?
I got my seatbelt holder replaced under warranty as it rattled.

I've recently developed a squeaky passenger seat, but only when someone is sat in it and even then it's not all the time and depends on what position they are sat in. It's also not squeaked when other people have been sat in it, so maybe it depends on the weight of the person? It's quite a loud squeak too[:(] Will have to keep an eye on it as I only have 3 months of warranty left.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just shows how many of us are having the same problem then ;)

Got it booked in for a week on Friday so I shall see what the garage says :-/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts