Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived today, very impressed, already up at the bodyshop and they are happy with the quality, looks like its going to be a good fit. So anyone considering buying a replica kit from this guy should go for it!

Ill post some photos when its fitted and sprayed.

Dan

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
Thanks for the info Dan, much appreciated. I've been considering getting the Anni replica kit from him.

Be good to see/hear how well it fits and whether much prep was needed

Have you left a message in the other post about the Anni kits saying how you got on?

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am really considering Replica parts from bodycarstyling at such good prices. Going to go for Anni front and rear valences, and R32 sideskirts. Would be interested in knowing how you get on with your replica R32 kit

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello there, my kit is due to be fitted next month so i dont have any pics as of yet, however i can give you some detailed info on the kit.

The kit is made from fibreglass (as stated in ad) and has a gel coat. The front and rear bumpers are of a decent quality and feel pretty sturdy. The sideskirts are a fair bit thinner and will just bond onto the car (they dont weigh much).

The front and rear bumpers looked pretty straight and after a test fit the front/rear bumper and sideskirts are a near perfect fit.

The front bumper comes with genuine vw plastic mesh inserts and the kit is nearly identical to the OEM one from vw. The only differences i have noticed are with the front bumper: It doesnt have the raised bit that the number plate sits on (should be pretty easy to do), and it also doesnt have the two bits that stick out for the headlight washers, this isnt a problem for me because i dont have the washers anyway, sideskirts and rear bumper are identical as far as i can see.

Obviously this kit needs a bit more work than an OEM kit from vw which would only need to be painted, it doesnt come with any fixings and it doesnt come in primer.

All in all this kit needs work to fit it, but for 300quid its a steal, genuine vw r32 kits are in the thousands so this is obviously the cheaper option.
The kit doesnt come with a spoiler but the most that is going to set you back is 160 for an oem one, probably be able to get a fibreglass one for 60quid.

Ive tried to be as precise as i can, but to cut a long story short im chuffed and the bodyshop have given the thumbs up quality wise.

Regards

Dan

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
Cheers Dan, nice one!

I ordered my Anni rep sideskirts from bodycarstyling today.

The only downside is getting payment to them as they don't accept PayPal.

They offer several methods but all involve extra cost. I opted for the cheapest and have sent cash in an envelope by insured recorded delivery.

Hopefully I will get them late next week.

I'll get some pics when the appear

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The front bumper comes with genuine vw plastic mesh inserts and the kit is nearly identical to the OEM one from vw. The only differences i have noticed are with the front bumper: It doesnt have the raised bit that the number plate sits on (should be pretty easy to do), and it also doesnt have the two bits that stick out for the headlight washers, this isnt a problem for me because i dont have the washers anyway, sideskirts and rear bumper are identical as far as i can see.
The number plate holder isn't part of the OEM bumper it's an additional part. The headlight washer bits you mention are actually seperate caps on the washers the bumper just has cut outs for them to sit in. All OEM bumpers have these cutouts marked on the back, have a look at your standard bumper when it is removed and you'll see.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good to hear that, cos I may be considering buying a 25th anni kit from
him, cos the prices look pretty cheap (?240 inc postage for the
spoiler, front and rear valences and side skirts!), and was wondering
about the build quality.

Ahhh so tempted now...but im a bit poor with christmas coming up :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The number plate holder isn't part of the OEM bumper it's an additional part. The headlight washer bits you mention are actually seperate caps on the washers the bumper just has cut outs for them to sit in. All OEM bumpers have these cutouts marked on the back, have a look at your standard bumper when it is removed and you'll see.
Thanks for that EddyH, i didnt know that these bits were seperate, you dont happen to have the part number handy for the regplate bit? :eek:)

I should have mentioned the bit about payment method in my last post. I used bidpay and you have to pay for this service, also you have to enter the price in us dollars. Quite a bit of hassle but looked like the easiest way to do it. Kit and delivery was 325 and after converting to dollars and paying with bidpay my card statement shows 346.47 so it works out just over 20quid extra to use bidpay.

Dan

·
Registered
927 Posts
Good to hear that, cos I may be considering buying a 25th anni kit from him, cos the prices look pretty cheap (?240 inc postage for the spoiler, front and rear valences and side skirts!), and was wondering about the build quality.

Ahhh so tempted now...but im a bit poor with christmas coming up :(
likewise, but like to see some pics of them first, painted up even better....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im booked in for the 12th of December, should have it back the following weekend so i will post pics then.  Bearing in mind i will still be on steel wheels. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recieved my R32 replica kit from bodycarstyling yesterday it came with a small crack on rear bumper nothing to worry about though.

I've been to a fewbodyshops and one quoted me ?1900 !!!! thats for preping one exhaust cut out filling in, spraying and fitting. Went to another one and they quoted me ?500 for the same job. Just one thing with the front bumper dan.j have you fitted the grills to the bumper the center one doesn't hold in very well, is yours the same?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Craig

I test fitted the grills and they were all a pretty snug fit. Should be pretty easy to fix though.

1900 does seem a little steep although 500 seems quite cheap. Make sure they do it properly.

When are you having the work carried out?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry about the late reply Dan.

I took my car in this week for the kit fitting, i've just called in today to see how the works going. The bodyshop is really pleased with it and they say its going well. They had it all fitted to the car so they could drill all the srew holes needed. The cars looking pretty good can't wait to get it back. I'm still having the o/s exhaust cut out filled in just finding it hard to find a exhaust for the other side. I don't want to pay too much for one, i'm just searching e-bay everyday for one. Have you got any wheels for yours yet?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good stuff, you definately need to post some pictures up when its all finished, my car is due in on monday. I went for a custom exhaust but it required cutting the spare wheel well out, so now my spare wheel is lying in the boot. Looks good though :p

1 - 20 of 53 Posts