Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i have purchased the following bumper from ebay but after looking at the fixing point on it it seems different to the standard bumper. this is because the standard bumper has screw behind either side bottom grill and the copy doesnt? i wanted to know does most replica bumper come without them. also there is no place for the outside temperature sensor do i have to diy the bumper and make a place for it?

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi i purchased one of these there is no bottom mounting points for it only the ones under the grill and in the wheel arches, i cable tied my sensor Back up under the horn mounting.

I hope u are aware that fitting this bumper means u have to use a debaged grill as the bumper has no cut out for the vw symbol in the grill.

Sadly i dont have mine anymore i had a rabbit and it shattered everywhere, its not quite as thick plastic as a standard vw one. Does fit quite well for a aftermarket one :)

Much better than a fiberglass one i bought it was so s?&t it was 3 inches to short for the car and it werent cheap !!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi i purchased one of these there is no bottom mounting points for it only the ones under the grill and in the wheel arches, i cable tied my sensor Back up under the horn mounting. I hope You are aware that fitting this bumper means You have to use a debaged grill as the bumper has no cut out for the vw symbol in the grill. Sadly i dont have mine anymore i had a rabbit and it shattered everywhere, its not quite as thick plastic as a standard vw one. Does fit quite well for a aftermarket one :) Much better than a fiberglass one i bought it was so s£&t it was 3 inches to short for the car and it werent cheap !!
thanks for confirming mate, yeah ive got my debadged grill also but was having trouble getting the r32 grills to fit in the space as they kept falling straight through i have to find a way of holding them in so im thinking of glueing them in as there are no screws to get to behind the grills.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts