Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
hi

not so long back i had this same dilemma

I have just bought a set of genuine r32 alloys, and they are stunning, they are lightweight. The may not look any different to the reps but i haven't seen them in the flesh..so cant say.

Im getting mine fitted today so will hopefully put up some pics for you.

good luck

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
if you get chance to weigh em, with or without tyres, be interested in the weight difference. was thinking about oz superturissmo, but found a site that says they're 26kg, thats as heavy as an r32 rep!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well i cant weigh them as they are now on the car......pics to follow by the way.

I can tell you that they are lighter than my standard 15 inch wheels with tyres.

When they got delivered i was supprised at how light they were without tyres.

The look the dogs b******s by the way.

·
Registered
535 Posts
yeh guys im still 17 [:p]

I will be posting the pics tommorow

I will be getting the bumpers on in the morning.

just picked them up from paint at 7. Was dark so couldn't fit them today but can't wait untill i wake up and get cracking.

I would recommend the originals to everyone, it makes you feel a little better knowing they are genuine. They aren't even that much more money than the reps

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
with bumpers did u get? im guessing they are r32's but where did u get them? i am getting the r-line front bumper from awsome soon i dont have to time to work on the replicas to make them fit perfect.....lex

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I'm running the replicas (until i can afford CH's) and i let my mum drive down 2 miles to the local chinese, and she came and had kerbed the wheel real bad on the front passenger side. The first thought that entered my head was how glad i was i only paid £450 for wheel and tyres as opposed to £800+ for the genuine ones. My advice is that if your roads are poor and you expect the car take a bit of punishment go for the reps, but if you baby your car, and are careful go for the genuine article.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have the genuine r32 front and rear bumpers. I bought them from vw speed, The guys name was mike. He is the most helpfull bloke i spoke to there. He really knows his stuff. I paid i think 700 for the two bumpers. They fitted perfectly. I have heard about the rep bumpers. I wouldn't touvh them to be honest. Save up and buy the genuine stuff.

Insurance i paid 1800 for fully comp on my own policy at 17.....................i know how did i manage that.

I paid £499 for the genuine wheels and £260 for tyres and fitting. I had the fitting free.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would still be pissed off with kerbing £450 alloys, and with the small amount of petrol save from having lightweight ones is a little usefull i cant afford to lose any speed off my tiny 1.4 engine, i was planning on rep all the time but since i saw  the weights i changed my mind. look excatly the same if i run shor of money i might just get the reps.........lex

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats looks amazing mate. what u gonna do with the back, exhaust wise? i think i might go for the r32 look all over, i was just gonna get the alloys and front and anni sides but i might buy the rear and exhaust just for the looks. get sum more pics of your car up mate, with alloys too :pits gonna be soo hard to tell the difference between a r32 and yours soon. u should get th blue callipers too.....................                       lex

1 - 19 of 19 Posts