Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have a rep r32 rear bumper but it has no fixing to fix the car, just the shell,

Wondering if anyone knows where I can get the fixing without takin them off my old bumper as want to sell if afterwards,

Or has anyone got a pic of the inside f the bumper so I know what I'm looking for?

Cheers Robbo

·
Registered
352 Posts
just read it proper .... sorry ..iv got the same prob but with a bora fibeglass rear bumper am looking at bonding some oem bumper brackets on but u have to chop them out of the oem bumper....(trip to the scrap yard coming) i think it will be a pain to do but it has to worth it ...

most people just screw and bond the bumper on matey it cant be good [:(]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a abs plastic one I've got looks top notch but no fixings :-(

I've looked bloody everywhere tryin to get some but no such luck, trip to the scrappy it is,

don't really like the sound of screws! Want to it properly shes a VW! Not a Saxo deserves better ha ha

·
Registered
148 Posts
If its the mounting points that go underneath the car then you'll have to cut some off a standard bumper and fibreglass them in place. As for the side's they normally have an extra arch liner extention which can be bought from the dealers

·
Registered
123 Posts
Your rear bumper (if stock) wont be worth much, theres more value in selling the lower valance and the rub strip on there own, so chop the side runners out.

Also DONT fibreglass the brackets on?? get some tiger seal or sickaflex (sp) will never come off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts