Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help asap if poss, the emmisions light has just come on and is staying on , on my R32 .? any ideas what could cause this as i'm a bit worried about driving it. its also seeming to drop off power at 5500rpm

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The brake lights appear to be functioning correctly,? Anyone know if a faulty maf would cause the light to come on ???? Its just the car appears hesitant just after 5rpm .

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I would check your cats.. When I had my Mk4 R32 they had totally broken up inside the exhaust can...

Over on tyresmoke a few other owners found the same when they where installing their miltek exhausts,

This will deffo cause the light to come on.... Wait for it!

VW cats for the R32 cost over ?1k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the good news, surely its just a maf at 80 quid ? (i hope).? ?Well i'll have to get it booked in to find out i suppose then.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
check the o2 sensors.

Most of the time the cat is fine and you may have knicked the wires on the sensors with stones flying up or something. If they get wet they can throw codes as well.

Baz

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
yes they should show up on vag com.

there are 2 in front of the cats and 2 after.

They are right in the middle of the car sticking out of the top of the exhaust.

Baz

·
Registered
764 Posts
Im having this problem at the minute but the car is working fine, so i think its my cats. Going in to the stealers for the 4th time to get it fixed [:'(]

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only fault code showing was the ABS speed sensor which has now been cleared, Nothing else showed up.? ?My local garage has not charged me but said to see how it goes for a few days.?Would this affect the restricted rev range ??

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
restricted?? do you mean it cuts the revs like a traction control unit or is it like a hard limiter? at what rpm?

Baz

P.S. just read the first post again. Check the valve on the back box. I reckon it's stuck closed.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
You can go for Milltek or Blueflame Sports Cats

Blueflame is about 490

Milltek is about 800

I have the BlueFlame now, use to have the Milltek

Dont see any difference though

Or you can buy my original cats for the R32,

Hafizur

1 - 20 of 25 Posts