Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was down at local stealer's ordering some parts, noticed the had a mk4 R32 in so thpought id have a quick look round it.

Car was 53 plate with 35k looked in OK condition, not bad condition few marks on seats etc (cloth ones) anyways they wanted 18k for it even

though it nearly 3 years old.

I know vw hold there value very well, especially R32's as so rare but even that seemed a bit steep?

·
Registered
764 Posts
VW mk4 r32s prices went down alot when the mk5 r came out but they now seem to be staying the safe if not increasing in price again. Which obviously i dont mind about. But in all seriousness i cant see them getting much cheaper, as they are a rare care, big engine, the first R etc etc which will alwasy make them worth quite a bit, and most of them are now out of warranty.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Mk4 R32 prices should be lower than you one you've seen but they have steadied after initial hit with MK5 R32, I know of two owners that have got rid of their MK5 R32's as they both thought the car was rubbish. One bought an Audi 3.0 A4 Diesel and says its a revelation in terms of refinement, build quality value and even performance when on the move over the Mk5 R32.

Also the plain lookingness of the MK5 is enough to put off anyone, should be mean looking like the Mk4 but only stands out becouse of some shiny plastic chrome....

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
thats well steep,check out the one awesome gti have got for sale only got 600 odd miles onit ,2004 plate

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/r32sale.html

wish i had the money,maybe if i sell me golf and wifes polo[:cool:]
Under 1000 Miles - no way!!

Check out butt sag in the passenger seat...it has uniroyals on, most new MKivs came with Michelin Pilot Sports on..i'd say they are 10000miles out..

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
thatR32 really is new looking. me and my mate was looking around it the other day. i was shocked but i still dont believ it. why would a car with only 600 miles miles havetints already? the car hasnt even been run in yet. why so few miles? is cheap though

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
im thinking its been used for some sort of demo type thing from vw maybe? when i worked at mg/roverthey had rovers comein brand new but had beenused for tests/research and went for brand new prices....some cars wereonly a few months old buthad 20.000 miles on them due to testing lol..and went pisss cheap...

oh also whyhas that 32only got halfa dash computer?

sorry for jumping your post mate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is way too expensive, would expect about 15k for that age/mileage

As said, they are all going out of warranty soon

Putting my 03 53 silver 3door up for sale soon, 41k miles, will be lookign for about 15k

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
It could be genuine tyres are only ok for long if they where the originals they would possibly be losing structure strenght, tyres normally have a 2 year life before they can become unstable. that may be why it is wearing uniroyals ? 

·
Registered
129 Posts
I personally would steer well clear of any R with minimal mileage, the reason being it will soon be out of warranty and being such a low mileage example all of its early life glitches will not have had a chance to rear their ugly heads....

I personally believe the MKIV will eventually adopt the trend of the Porsche 993/996 models (with the 993 being far more desirable and therefore command higher premiums than its newer offspring, the 996). The MKIV is of course the original and being a limited run should always command decent prices (as long as mileages are not sky high) due to its relative scarcity. Whereas the MKV on the other hand IMHO is a fugly, non limited, ubiquitious, softer driving breadvan [;)]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I personally would steer well clear of any R with minimal mileage, the reason being it will soon be out of warranty and being such a low mileage example all of its early life glitches will not have had a chance to rear their ugly heads....
I have just extended my warranty today by 3yrs or upto 100,000 miles at Wayside Towcester

£949 .... less than £1/day, in my eyes well worth it

It is an all components warranty since I have taken it out before the car reaches 4yrs old...and you can take it to a VW Stealer or independant for work to take place...

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
oh also whyhas that 32only got halfa dash computer?
It looks exactly the same as mine. Only cars with Cruise Control have the full screen.
You mean Satnav, the full screen is for SatNav guidance.

(although there are a handful of R32s that had full screen without SatNav - parts shortages)

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I do mean Sat Nav yes. I actually typed that to start with then changed it for some reason. Must have been the beers I'd consumed that confused me![:D]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I do mean Sat Nav yes. I actually typed that to start with then changed it for some reason. Must have been the beers I'd consumed that confused me![:D]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts