Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Deffo looks better in those pics, but the GTI has a much more distinctive look.
I tend to disagree.........yes the GTI is distinctive but when we actually see the R32 on the road I doubt anyone could mistake it for any other Golf in the range.........cant get much more distinctive than that

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Ok so apart from the brakes looking huge !!!!! I dont like it at all.

Get rid of that front grill on lower intakes please, the side skirts are to small and not subtle if they had increased the size and blended them it would look so much better ala RS4, smooth out the rear as the edge looks awfull and change the wheels apart from that not to bad.

What I cant understand is that the car looks in no way motorsport orientated more luxury which makes me beleive even more so that they have a hotter version in the wings which will be all about the GO and not the show hopefully

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've seen these pictures before, but these are from a better angle and much better quality. I really like it, but I think the grille is something that I may come to hate. I suspect on Reflex Silver it will look OK? I agree that the GTI (from the front) looks fantastic and wish VW had copied this onto the R32... I have even considered having the grille re-painted in black - I loathe it that much! Still, the acid test is when I see it in the flesh - I have one on provisional order... reflex silver, sat nav, recaros, leather, etc... so fingers crossed I'll like the looks and the drive - which thus far in the reviews I've read builds on the GTI - which would be some feat as that is a very complete car, albeit no rocket ship, but as an all round package it'll be hard to beat. My only problem is that I do need to change my TT by early next year - I've narrowed my choice to a 130i, A3 V6 (or S3 if ever that appears), GTI or R32... for now I'm sold on the R32, albeit in silver to mask the bling bling grille!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think they should only offer it in a few special colours - Steel Grey is not a good colour for it.
Colours avalible are:

• Black
  • Deep Blue Pearl
  • Diamond Black Pearl
  • Reflex Silver (surprise, surprise[:O])
  • Shadow Blue
  • Steel Grey
  • Tornado red

Much to my disapointment, but probably not to every one else it wont come in White[:'(]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
As Mr Deadlock said I too still remain unconvinced, althoguh I will say (esp in that blue!) that it does look much much better than the original press pics!

So it'll probably grow on us non-believers with same, same as the mk5 did on me when it first came out. Again not convinced by the wheels, and althoguh the grill looks "a little different" in the above - I still think it lacks R32 meanness, and the walrus said, luxurious over fun/grunt, more for show and less about the go??

C

·
Registered
176 Posts
It looks too "boy-racer" and not enough "quality" IMO.

1. i dont like the stupid silver effect at the front.

2. i dont really like the wheels!

3. the twin pipes are just YUCK!

It needs to look more MEAN with some wider arches.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The blue is just plain nasty, but the grey isn't too bad. Like
all Golfs though, it looks crap in 5 door. In grey, without the
chrome grille, without the Max Power wheels and with red calipers it
would look good - like the GTI

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
It's a shame VW don't do a Golf with Rallye style (mk2) flared
arches.. I mean Audi do it on their RS models, so why don't
VW do it on their R models??

It would make the car stand out so much more, and undoubtledly help them shift 5times more R32's!

As it is, the car looks nice, but not nice/mean enough to deserve the R badge..

Loving those ma-hooosive brakes though :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts