Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
whoa just noticed thats your car.

good job but would it not have been cheaper to buy an R32? although you now have the benefit of knowing your car inside out.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
extremely nice car.... saw it in the flesh at the wirral meet. I doubt there is any way to tell it apart from an R32 except the engine.. But yours is probably faster than a standard one anyway?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, yes i could have bought an R32 with the money spent on mods, but then again I would have to spend a shed load more money on the 32 for mods [:)] I'll never be happy!

I've gone past the point of no return with it, same as Bill did, same as Gary (MRKIV) did (although I'm nowhere near their levels of power or perfection) but still, its far too gone to return it to standard and sell to upgrade to an already more powerful factory spec car...

So, i will carry on modding it forever, with the next mod being the IHI...when the engine blows (not if, when [:)] ) something a little more extreme involving 4-wheel drive...

Rye, not as fast as a 32, well not up to the 70-80's anyway, was right up the *** of an TT 3.2 at motorway speeds tho...most of my power is at the top end when the engine/Turbo really starts breathing better.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Quote: posted by MarkReading on 21/09/2004 11:43:00

Very nice motor there but one seriously missing mod - rear wiper [;)]

[lol] but he does have a point

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rear Wiper : Already done [:)]

Because of the f3ck up by the idiots at PC World, ive not had my digi-camera since the Brunters Shoot in April, so those pics are at least 4 months old...

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
very nice mate, anyone can buy a fast car, but modifying one into a fast car is another case.

Nice one, keep us guys informed of anymore mods

aRd

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Id be inclined to agree with Caged there, I did prefer the mix and match that you used to have, especially that gorgeous Anni front valance.

The whole R32 clone doesnt really do it for me, I would have prefered to just go out and buy one If I wanted to go in that direction.

Still Stewart I can appreciate the hard work and money you have put into it mate.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, mixed comments but tbh, i started on the R32 look when they weren't even out over here, just didnt get it finished till now...

Pat, lol, yeah tell him to come make me an offer i cant refuse lol, has he still got the VR?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
hehe yeah he said the other day he was going to keep it for the next 2-3yrs at least [:D] its never missed a beat since he's had it tho, top car I love driving it [:D]

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
looks tasty!! i do like it!

at the end of the day its OEM styling, just taking the best bits and putting it on your car!

i would:

fill the recess on front bonnet (where old vw badge was)

get a shorter aerial

lose the r32 badges!!

but its not my car!!!

well done mate!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
It looks very good alright...

I also would've just bought an R32 but I can appreciate why you went the route you did.

That website is quite, hmmm, laid back for loading isn't it?!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts