Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of changing my petrol anni (Revo stage2) and getting an r32 anyone had both any comments

·
Registered
988 Posts
ahh you gotta love an R32 man no contest in my book. I have a modded 1.8t and have driven my brother mk5 R32. In my book there is no contest, the .:R is the one to get.

Obviously get a test drive first if you can.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
R32 for the (sort of) 4wd, and that noise! Yes it is underpowered for a 3.2...but add a new exhaust and you simply will not care. [y]

Just be advised that from my experience, the MK5 is nicer handling R32 and does not feel a nose heavy. However the MK4 looks nicer (I think).

Either way, you can go wrong with an 'R'...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Whats the famous saying "you should never meet your hero" that how I felt after driving an R32.

I think I honestly expected too much, it was a lovely car and nice to drive but it wasn't what I wanted the R32 to be so didn't buy one in the end.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Whats the famous saying "you should never meet your hero" that how I felt after driving an R32.

I think I honestly expected too much, it was a lovely car and nice to drive but it wasn't what I wanted the R32 to be so didn't buy one in the end.
well ive not driven the mk4 but I loved the mk5 .:R

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
R32 for the (sort of) 4wd, and that noise! Yes it is underpowered for a 3.2...but add a new exhaust and you simply will not care.
Exactly right, I got mine about a month ago, loving it so far.....

Oh and don't forget 18 - 22MPG. [cry]

·
NooNoo
9,455 Posts
I'm not sure what to advise. But mk4 and mk5 comparisons are meaningless as the mk5 in any model is 1000% better handling wise than the mk4.

I don't think I could stomach the poor mpg and tax.

[:)]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts