Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure you will remember I mentioned my mats were missing from the R32 when I picked it up. This is the latest development:

Just received a phone call from Listers saying that it impossible to get a set of R32 mats for my car!?!?!?!?!?!? Apparently some R32's left the factory and were delivered to dealers without mats!! WTF?!?!?!?!

So here is the senario:

I have bought a car based on the information in a VW Brochure. The spec states clearly: Set of Mats with "R" Logo

Listers say they have done all they can to try and get the mats. They are unable to order them from VW as there are no part numbers for them! And they have been told VW havent made any spares!

I have now accepted a set of FREE MK4 mats from Listers, but have told them I will be taking this up with VW Customer Services.

I will let you know how I get on.

Not a happy bunny [V]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote: posted by foxy on 03/03/2004 15:11:01

There's a set on eBay at present IIRC

I am not paying for them [;)]

or are you implying there is a guy from Listers making a bob or two??? [;)]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
There were recently 2 sets of R32 mats on eBay from the same seller. I emailed to ask where he got them and if he can get any other parts. He told me he works at a dealers and took the mats out of the cars because customers had said they didn't want them! I wasn't convinced.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Item #2458110038

BTW here are the seller's exact words:

"i work for a fourcourt and some cilents want mats removed .and they go in the bin so i get to have them :)

as for other parts no i only get the od thing sorry"

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The latest update is VW UK Customer Care are on the case. I am expecting a call back in the morning. If I dont get a satisfactory answer then a "compensation" claim will be going in!

After that, a letter to AutoExpress and then Trading standards are my next port of call!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But my arguement is the spec hasnt altered, cause all other R32's have mats! One of the managers at Listers has just had a new R32 delivered (as a company car!!) and he has mats. I was offered his, but his were grey!! Not really gonna match the black interior [:S]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Problem solved [:D]

VW UK Customer Services have managed to get me some mats and they are sending them direct to me.

So now I have a FREE set of standard MK4 mats from Listers for everyday use, and a set of R32 mats for shows etc [:D]

Sorted [8D]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts