Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

Following my current post *****JUST CRASHED MY CAR 9:20pm***** http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/746011.aspx,

I have just got my hands on:

• Original Full R32 bodykit --- £600
  • Original R32 Exhaust --- £100

I still have to repair the damage from the crash but speaking to a few bodyshops and describing the damage (whilst its in another garage for a quote) and they seem to think it will cost around £450 - 500... The damage was to

• The Driver side Wing (Needs replacing)
  • The Front bumper (Replace with R32 bumper)
  • Driver side door kink (from opening the door when wing was damage) REPAIRBLE
  • Cracked inner plastic protector (Did my best to describe this one as i dont no much about it, al i know is when the blocked pick it up he pointed at that aswell.i think it may from behind the wing to protect the engine just an educated guess.)
  • Slight Bonnect scuff on th edge (REPAIRBLE)
  • Cracked headlight (FK Angels is an option)

The car is in Berkshire where the crash happend its currently at an insurance appoved bodyshop, and it just so happens that i crashed 100yards from his garages and now he has it and is putting an estimate together. i asked for an on the road price with minimum repair so i can drive it back to london where i have more local options aswell as the full price....but i havent spoke to him and about this R32 kit i just brought today so i expect quote to be cheaper.

I Have had two quotes for the Spray & Fitting of the kit to the car (ONCE REPAIRED) . (1) £450 (2) £600 (and he will give a 1st class fit and fix all alignemnt issues)

PROBLEM 1

So my problem lies with how much does this normally cost to spray & fit? and can any insurance approved do a grand job?

PROBLEM 2

The R32 exhaust i brought is apparenlty not going to fit my 1.8T due to lack of space for the back box and have been advised to go for a millteck R32 look to fit my new rear bumper but iv been quoted £450 :( Is there no way the original can fit on my car?

THE TOTAL ESTIMATED DAMAGED (How am i doing so far guys any view)

Damage Repair £450

R32 Kit £600

Spray & Fitting £500

R32 Exhaust £100 (may need to sell this, may get £150 for it)

New R32 fit Exhaust £400

FK angeleye projector head/l £180

Xenon Conversion to 6000K £280

TOTAL ESTIMATED SPEND £2330 (I will be trying to cut corners where possible but it all depends whats available at the time as my cars out of action at the mo and i need a speedy recovery)

Are there any Views the estimate above?

IM A TOTAL NEWBIE WHEN IT COMES TO ALL THIS BODYKIT MALARKY I DIDNT REALLY FANCY DOING ALL THIS TO THE CAR BUT I HAVE FOUND A GOOD DEAL WITH THE KIT AND THE CAR BEING SMASHED I THOUGHT ID GO FOR IT.

ANY SUPPORT WOULD BE GRAND

Cheers guys

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Ok you seem to have a very good deal on the R32 body kit but as you have been told the R32 exhaust will defo not fit as your spare wheel well is in the way[:(]

however the exhaust will fit the likes of a 4MOTION if someone wants to up grade and go for an R kit

All in all the paint seems a very fair price with fitting and all you need to hope is that there are no nasty surprises when the time comes to strip your car and start fitting I.E bent crosmembers and such.

hope all goes well for you

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that mate just needed some reassurance that i was going along the right track as i can imagine do such a conversion can alwayes get out of hand when it comes the wallet so im just trying to keep on top of things lol

dont no how long im going to be rolling on 16in with a a full r32 kit but it wont be preety..:(

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I know how you feel mate[;)]

when i took on the challange to convert my 1.6 golf over to the 2.8 V6 i was a little unsure where the cost would stop and how much it was going to huet LOL

but lucky for me it only cost me 500 quid [:D]

not bad +110 BHP tuning for 500 quid and a little stress

stick with it and you will see it was all worth it

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am in the middle of the conversion myself. just done the

• r32 seats full leather
  • r32 genuine kit
  • r32 genuine wheels
  • r32 dash
  • xenons
  • FMIC silver rad

it all was worth it so as DENT REFORM says DONT GIVE UP

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Here you go some food for thought for you mate

From this old bashed up shead

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To this In just 6 days[H]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And then finally tested on the RR DAY atr westec

213.85 BHP @6750 RPM

Posted Image

Posted Image

ALWAYS SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL[Y]

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Here you go some food for thought for you mate

From this old bashed up shead

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To this In just 6 days[H]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And then finally tested on the RR DAY atr westec

213.85 BHP @6750 RPM

Posted Image

Posted Image

ALWAYS SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL[Y]
gordon bennet dent reform i went to a local scrappy in between portsmouth and southampton and they had the silver mashed golf in the yard, i know for a fact it was that one because of the wheel in the boot.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Really ???

as this was a local car from where i live and he crashed it local [:^)]

only give 500 quid for the whoal car and even drove it onto the trailer with 3 wheels lol

it was at a local dealer who recoverd it

he was drunk no lisence no mot and no tax DONKY!!

oh well my luck

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
yeah im positive, the mashed alloy in the boot looks so familiar, and i remember no interior on the car. it was back in the summer i saw this so its probably gone now otherwise i'd go there and get a pic

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
thought about smoothing the bonnet and putting a badgeless grille in?

or making it boser with a kamei?

only because the bonnet needs work?

jammy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
yeah im positive, the mashed alloy in the boot looks so familiar, and i remember no interior on the car. it was back in the summer i saw this so its probably gone now otherwise i'd go there and get a pic
The car had full interiour when i bought it mate and that was in june here in wales

As i said the guy was the local prat and i had offerd to buy the car about 4 months before that and then he trashed it at a place calles TIERS CROSS near haverfordwest

might be a car that looks the same

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
found an old recipt from halford when i brought primmer and filler etc for my colour code which is dated 3/8/06    i must have been around the scrappy in august sort of time

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
yeah it dont matter anyway but im still 200% sure it made its way down south [:p]

anyways i think i have hijacked the original post, so back to the r32 kit etc now

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
YUP we have mate [:$]

well after i striped the car down to a shell i flat packed it with a JCB

boy was it fun LOL

ok back to the R32 story

DO IT MATE and here you will find 100% suport[;)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts