Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from collecting the R32, which looks awesome in black - yes, even with those wheels [A]

Pretty eventful rush-hour drive home:

- Lots of rain, so my beautiful black car is filthy already

- A near miss with two deer's (bambi type rather than the old dithery sort)

- Breath in moment with a bus that wanted both sides of the road

But its now safely tucked up in the garage[:p]

First drive was satisfying enough, can't say much having only done 15 wet miles. Obviously no traction problems, very refined in terms of ride quality and engine/exhaust noise. Hopefully, the exhaust note will deepen as it cokes up.

Pics to follow after washing on Saturday......

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Who cares about the weather, you have a brand new V6 that needs running in. that exhaust won't coke up sitting on your drive !

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Nice one... you lucky man! I've got 18 weeks until mine arrives ... pics please!!!!!
Mark, you are a very patient man! I think if I was in the market for an R32 I would be ringing round all the dealers to see who has my spec in stock and buying it now. Most dealers seem to have at least one and as proved above you can just walk in and buy one. 18 weeks is a long time to wait for a Golf (even an R32).

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
It was just too lumpy, if you know what I mean.

When I had a loan of the GTI overnight I had a lot more fun driving that than the R32 yesterday.

And our demo isspec'ed @ ?28500[:O] For a Golf[:|] If I was spending that sort of money on a car I simply would not even consider the R32

[N]

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
And our demo isspec'ed @ ?28500[:O] For a Golf[:|] If I was spending that sort of money on a car I simply would not even consider the R32[N]
Its a lot of money, almost certainly too much for a Golf, but someone did mention recently that they were looking through some old price lists and the 1990'2 VR6 Golf was similarly priced, accounting for inflation. We have got used to cars being comparativley cheap in the last few years as anyone who was buying new over ten years ago will tell you. My first ever new car was a Corsa 1.4 SRi (no power steering, no air bags, no ABS, manual windows etc) in 1994 and that was just under ten grand nearly twelve years ago! How much would a similar car cost today, quite probably less?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm not saying its a bad car, there are a lot of positives.

• Looks (it really grows on you when you see one very day)
  • Interior is well nice, especially the blue/white display & the engine turn trim
  • Noise when you give it death along the local bypass[:D]

Mmmm, not really a lot of positives I could come up with[:S]

For that sort of money I'd be looking at an Audi or a Beemer....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For that sort of money I'd be looking at an Audi or a Beemer....
You pay your money and all that .....

- BMW 130, no thanks

- A3 3.2 DSG, no thanks

IMO the R32 has more kudos than the competition, and I'm no serial Golf-Lover ....... he thinks about those exhausts[:-*]

Thank god everyone didn't want one, otherwise I'd still be waiting for my GTI, which has probably just been built.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pics at last ..... after washing, leathering, and re-leathering in the garage as it got pee'ed on while I was getting the camera[:$]

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 51 Posts