Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title, i'm after the part number for the R32 brushed alloy bonnet strut/damper, as i've ordered it from my local dealer but when it arrived it was just a normal black strut, so the parts guy ordered another strut using a different number but still came as a normal black strut..

He's really good and knew i wanted the brushed alloy strut and that i had ordered the R32 strut/damper (correct number), so when a normal one arrived he returned it straight away and ordered the other number he had for a bonnet lifter, but this also came through as a standard black item!!! So rerturned that one too..

So can somone confirm the correct part number and if it's still available?

Cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
Get a refund on the one you bought and go at your standard one with a scotch pad. 70p from a supermarket. Same effect for a fraction of the price :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get a refund on the one you bought and go at your standard one with a scotch pad. 70p from a supermarket. Same effect for a fraction of the price :)
Dealer returned them both straight away cause he knew i wanted a brushed alloy one, so i hadn't paid a penny.

Rather get the genuine item as i'm going for the oem look with high detail/quality.

·
Golf V R32 3.2 250PS DSG / Golf IV TDI-R 200PS
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice one mate, thats just what i'm after...

I think he might of ordered that number, but the parts place picked the wrong strut by the looks of it!! I'll try ordering it again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts