Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
I can beat oemparts price and give a better service!!

You are talking about that kinda money though not cheap

Cheers

C

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
We offer a copy kit for ?799 inc vat

The genuine ones are very thin and we've had problems with them splitting, so offer this copy kit - it is fibreglass but we've found it to be better made to the VW one !!!!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Excuse me Ade.....what exactly is "Very Thin"??? If your implying that the Genuine R32 Kits are thin then I seriously beg to differ. I have just recently fitted a genuine R32/R-Line Kit to my car and found the kit to be of the highest quality and made from ABS PLASTIC which is miles better than ANY fibreglass kit, and as someone who is selling this, you are fully aware of that fact.

You forgot to mention that fibreglass kits do not take well to stone chips, and have a tendency to crack under severe weather conditions.

By the way, there is no way I could split the kit with my bare hands, its way to thick and strong, so I think you should alter your sales pitch, as all your copy kit really has going for it is that price.

I cant believe that you actually are trying to sale your copy kits by claiming that the oem ones are prone to splitting!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi Estoril,

I'm not sure what the Rline Kits are like, i'm on about the genuine R32 ones - these are very thin. I've had 4 genuine ones crack in the last 3 weeks!!!

Your right, usually fibreglass body styling we wouldnt touch - we try not to sell any fibreglass kits due to the inherent problems you mention, however this kit we have we were actually surprised it was fibreglass!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Ade,

The R-Line kits are made in the same fashion as the R32 stuff. Didnt think it was a bad as you describe but just out of interest where exaclty are they cracking?

Good work on sourcing a kit thats cheap and good quality! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what sort of cost are we looking at for the anni kit, and what do u get with that? sides/front/rear?

cheers

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
The GB at the moment is fro the front & rear lower valances, side skirts and rear tailgate spoiler, all in for ?485.

Check out the GB section

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
When i next get an R32 front bumper in i'll take some pix for you :) and try to remember this post lol... it literally bends around when you pick it up, we've had them cracking in the middle...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts