Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to say one of the best mods I've had done to my 4Mo is when a GB ran for R32 ARB's back last year. To say they improve handling and ride is an understatement.

I'm in the very fortunate position of being able to go to Castle Combe and put my car on the track roughly 12 times in the year, 10-15laps at a time, and for the first time this year, yesterday, I did this after my car had had the full R32 Miltek exhaust fitted and the R32 ARB's. When I last went on the track last year, the car felt wallowy, slightly slugish out of some of the turns but still great fun.

Yesterday though had me smiling all day today and beyond [:D]

The car was very responsive, both in handling and acceleration, and was simply huge fun to take on track. I'm going to enjoy it more and more from now on.

I will say that if anyone can run the same GB again for the R32 ARB's and you get the chance to do this, then it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just rub it in why don't you! [;)] I've been trying to get hold of a rear R32 arb for a while but there seems to be nothing coming out of the factory. I got a front arb from Shaq but he's still waiting for the rears and Amd haven't got any either. Guess I'm going to have to wait a while [:(]

Good to hear they're worth the wait though!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
How much is Neuspeed rear R32 one? I may be tempted to sell my r32 rear one if I can get a neuspeed rear for a reasonable price...

By far and away it is the must have mod........ check out the TT forum see if anyones got one for sale

·
Registered
352 Posts
How much is Neuspeed rear R32 one? I may be tempted to sell my r32 rear one if I can get a neuspeed rear for a reasonable price...
I'd definately be interested in yours if you do go for the Neuspeed one. Had a quick look on the TT forum but nothing that I can see.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
All the Neuspeed 28mm bars seem to be the same price. They're around ?190.
Baz

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just to reiterate an old thread - ive had R32 Anti Roll Bars fitted (fron and rear) to my 4Mo and just picked the car up - oh my, oh my.... What a difference!! Im just annoyed that i didnt get this done sooner!! I took it for a short drive back to mine - was sceptical about how much change i could realisticaly experiance until the 1st bend that is!! The body roll has been unvelievably reduced, everything just feels tighter and solid. The term "night and Day" doesnt do it justice!!

Didnt want to test it too much as the roads a soaking wet and its rush hour so had to restrain myself!

Coupled with the throttle body clean and S3 shortshifter install at the weekend, its all starting to come together and im really impressed to how the car is responding to these mods!!

Cant reccomend the R32 ARB's enough - do it now - you wont regret it!!

Richard

·
Legendary
2,607 Posts
So if my entire suspension is totally stock at the moment (not even lowered yet), would getting the R32 front for ~£60 be a good improvement to start me off? Or is the addition of the rear the thing that gives most of the improvement? Also, if I will be lowering on Koni Sport Kit about 35-40mm, this ARB will be good enough for clearing the drop right? The stock ARB's lowering limit is around 45mm I hear, will this be the same? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
because up to this point (and i am looking into it) the R32 will ONLY fit cars that have the ARB links that fit to the bottom of the shock cup and NOT the bottom wishbones.

the REAR R32 ARB will only fit the 4MOTION and NOT the FWD cars, for this go get yourself a NEUSPEED 25mm rear bar

Andy

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
because up to this point (and i am looking into it) the R32 will ONLY fit cars that have the ARB links that fit to the bottom of the shock cup and NOT the bottom wishbones.

the REAR R32 ARB will only fit the 4MOTION and NOT the FWD cars, for this go get yourself a NEUSPEED 25mm rear bar

Andy
i already bought the neuspeed rear arb but hvnt fitted it , also im plannin to do the tt wishbone setup so an after market r32 arb will fit onto my car ..

andy ! what u can do is jus get the r32 or tt front strut and fit onto ur car ...... so u can fit the an after arket r32 arb

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
ummm

yes i know [:cool:]

[{]because up to this point (and i am looking into it) the R32 will ONLY
fit cars that have the ARB links that fit to the bottom of the shock
cup and NOT the bottom wishbones.[}]

BUT i am looking into making a set of drop links for those who don't have the cash or time to fit a full suspension set-up just to take the 23mm R32 ARB

SOOOO

plan is this

i have an R32 front ARB as it is standard then see if i can retro fit a set of drop links that would both fit the R32 ARB and ALSO fit to the standard wishbones, so no need to change the full suspension .

ideal for those who want the ARB and have already bought after market suspension.

see where this is going now?

Andy

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yeah i c now ....

but i got the parts quite cheap tho , i had the TT 2 whole front legs with the brakes ,n/s wishbone and foot pedals cover for 140 pound , and got the o/s wishbone ,225 tt front arb ,2 drop links for 50 pound ... r32 rack for 52 pound ... sold the brakes for 160 pound so i only spent 72 pound for all the parts so far ...

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
you do know that on some of the models such as the S3 i know your drivers side drive shaft will not fit the drive spline as it is not a NUT fitting and is a BOLT fitting with a 17mm internal head.

found this out on the S3 conversion i did a few weeks ago

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
you do know that on some of the models such as the S3 i know your drivers side drive shaft will not fit the drive spline as it is not a NUT fitting and is a BOLT fitting with a 17mm internal head.

found this out on the S3 conversion i did a few weeks ago
i think blackmagic on here have done the TT wishbone conversion and he said the TT hub wont fit straight onto my car i will need to keep my old hub and apart from that is a straight bolt on job ...

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
front is about 60 quid 23mm from the dealers and rear is about 150 ish iirc

Andy
Interesting thread this, Andy would one need anything else to fit the R32 ARB's front & rear to a 4-Mo, drop links etc, or will they just fit straight on with the standard set-up, and also would that still be the case if Koni FSD/Eibach pro spring set-up is fitted at a later date.??? [:cool:]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.