Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can R32 ARB's be fitted to a Golf V6 4motion? I presume given both vehicles are 4motion, there would be no problems fitting R32 ARB's (both front and rear) onto a V6 4motion?

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am watching these and some others. Rang VW for a price and because I could not give a reg no they could not give me an accurate price. Told them it was for a Golf R32 and she quoted about £46. When I asked the diameter of the ARB she said there are a few, from 13mm to 16mm. I politely told her she had the wrong ones and she got all shirty saying as I had no reg no, she could not give accurate details!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I believe the front R32 ARB is 23mm from memory and the rear 19mm. Might be wrong. I think I paid about £130 all in for mine from VW including new brackets, bolts and bushes.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Oh yes they make a huge difference. I used to have the vw sports suspension and the new arbs made it so much better. Probably the best mod i've done to mine especially since they're relatively cheap.

·
Registered
207 Posts
massive difference, highly recommended

I also recommend the R32 steering rack, hubs, and wishbones too. Plenty of S3's and TT's being broken, same parts, and these parts rarely get used up. Turn in vastly improved with this kit on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Will they fit my Bora TDI150 ? I was considering the Whiteline adjustable ones. The rear arb is same part number for Golf/Bora, but the front one is only listed for the Golf. This could be a much better (and more cost effective) solution.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I believe the front R32 ARB is 23mm from memory and the rear 19mm. Might be wrong. I think I paid about £130 all in for mine from VW including new brackets, bolts and bushes.
was that the price you paid for both arbs , where did you get them from? i had no idea they were so cheap assumed they were much more expensive cos the way everyone raves about them

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
was that the price you paid for both arbs , where did you get them from? i had no idea they were so cheap assumed they were much more expensive cos the way everyone raves about them
i would say that price was for both of them

as i only paid about 200 for mine and they are the uprated H&R arb's for the r32 ie even thicker bars than the standard r32 ones

1 - 20 of 20 Posts