Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its snowing lots of fun in the old 325i. So whos out having some fun drifting/diffing in their 4mo/R32. sorry if i sound chav but thats what goes on in my area, top cars being driven like their stolen;) I certantly wouldnt be doing it in the bora though sadly only front wheel drive.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks well mate, hope you 'hooped' that thing like its the last nite of ownership, i know i would in that snow:)

·
Registered
365 Posts
you need to switch of the traction control, but fun it certainly was, saw a guy doing same in his scooby, but he kerbed it big time[:(] back wheel was sitting at 2 o'clock angle[:O]

·
Registered
837 Posts
I put a post up last week when we had a load of snow around here. I popped up to a local viewpoint and did several 180 power-oversteer turns. Really wanted to have a crack at some doughnuts but the slope of the road (and a man in a van watching me) prevented it. However, did manage some driving down a straight road with the car facing the verge and a turn of opposite lock though. Really want some more snow now !

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wouldnt of cared if some one was watching, in the car park here, there is a police camera beside it that usually watches several 325i/M3s and a skyline go nuts chasing each other about the carpark and diffing everywhere. ooh i cant wait to get an R32

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Sorry i turn into a 17 year old lax bowels reader when the Snow arrives......... Doughnuts MMMMM in a homer style voice

If it snow over the weekend I plan to get some films and piccies $Motion is IMO brilliant for adverse weather

·
Registered
602 Posts
A bloke at work tried doing some drifting the other night in the snow in his Audi TT, he turned the esp off and slid into a crash barrier and broke his front bumper and from what he's said it sound like he has put a hole in his intercooler as well.

Methinks thats going to end up being a costly bit of fun in the snow, next time i told him to stick to making snow angels

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
This is it you can't defy the laws of physics (well unless you are Scottie) so do be careful and check for any hidden obstacles just waiting for your pride and joy.

Sounds like the Scoobie driver found out the hard way that 4wd doesn't make you invincible.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yep. General rule of thumb when you want to arse about in the snow is to find a large open area and if it's a car park, make sure it doesn't have any lamp-posts, bollards, etc. Also, fresh snow is a lot more predictable than older, icy stuff.

·
Registered
376 Posts
What can happen if someone reports you for 'playing' in the snow in a car park? I guess most of them are private?

·
Registered
857 Posts
What happens if someone reports you for 'playing' in the snow in a car park? I guess most of them are private?
what can they really do? as long as you dont damage anything, if a copper ever knocked on my door for a bit of sliding in the snow id just laugh

·
Registered
376 Posts
What happens if someone reports you for 'playing' in the snow in a car park? I guess most of them are private?
what can they really do? as long as you dont damage anything, if a copper ever knocked on my door for a bit of sliding in the snow id just laugh
lol, thought this would be the case. Just wondering for future reference [;)]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not true unfortunately. The law was changed a few years ago so stuff like dangerous/reckless driving can apply pretty much anywhere where the public have access.

Just depends on how zealous the copper is.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Agreed. It doesn't matter where you are really. If somebody complains, a grumpy copper will always find something to do you for and in the case of a R32, disturbing the peace springs to mind.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts