Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from sunny New Zealand

Just had the 300bhp AmD kit fitted to my R32 (cams, chip, exhaust) also had a hi airflow filter put on and the cat removed (no emission testing done over here)

It really has made a big difference from 4000rpm, it pulls all the way to 7000 now, the car is better all round, although with the Milltek and the cat removed its bloody loud, so next year I will sort that out.

I think it?s worth the money, i am not 100% sure that it is 300bhp though, i had a M3 Evo in the UK so i know what that feels like. Booked it in for rolling road early next year, so will keep you informed

Cheers

·
Registered
771 Posts
Heard the same as well.

Think an extra 50bhp from cams, chip, air filter and exhaust is a bit optimistic but hopefully I'm wrong.

Has your car been dyno'd before the upgrade?

·
Registered
326 Posts
**** Clements and his R32 (when he still had it!) are in the CGTI's Rabbit mag for a rolling road day and his R recorded 307bhp at the flywheel in back-to-back runs.

Jeffers

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Quote: posted by Jeffers on 21/12/2004 08:39:26

**** Clements and his R32 (when he still had it!) are in the CGTI's Rabbit mag for a rolling road day and his R recorded 307bhp at the flywheel in back-to-back runs.

Jeffers

... AmD's rollers I presume?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have asked several AMD 300bhp owners for a RR graph, do you know what.... I still havn't seen one.

Even the mags with **** Clements R32 still havn't produced a graph!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Quote: posted by Tabs on 21/12/2004 09:29:49

Quote: posted by Jeffers on 21/12/2004 08:39:26

Jeffers

... AmD's rollers I presume?

Nope. Somehwere in Liverpool I think?

Jeffers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Think I have started a war!! Lol

The car is booked in for a dynopak run in January; apparently it is more accurate than a rolling road, but I will post the results good or bad! Honest [^]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Quote: posted by Tabs on 21/12/2004 10:21:43

Well thats a suprise - would love to know where.

The Rolling Road used was Well Lane in West Yorkshire[:)]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts