Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

ive just got myself an r32 and im upgrade the airfilter/intake for performance not sound if you know what i mean! on my 25th anniversary i had a green cotton filter, smoothed airbox and 80mm cold feed. is this the best way to go on the r32 or are they better ways?

any help would be much appreciated

thanks rob

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that pomme, the eip kit does look like an excellent bit of kit but arnt the k&n air filters very oily and bad for the maf?

have you had any problems with this yourself? also how noisy is this kit as im not really keen loud induction kits?

i spoke to amd yesterday and they advised me to stick with the standard air filter and dont change anything!

thanks rob

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hiya Rob,

from the research i have done on vwvortex it is the best one to go for. Most of them have the k&n but if you are sensible using the oil when adding it your fine with the maf sensor. Its only when people poor on the whole bottle you have problems, and also when you dont have the air bypass valve which woul stop the oil getting the maf, and is what i have got.

As for the noise, i didnt notice any real change in the noise of the car when driving.

Would be interested to hear why amd suggest not to change it?

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi. Are these worth fitting to a 4motion? Do you just fit this and go, or does anything else need to be adjusted? Did it make a noticeable difference when driving?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive just spoke to vag tech today who are the uk dealers for hpa and know there stuff when it comes to the r32 engine and they said that a cai such as the eip one is a good mod and i should go for it.

with this in mind and also what pomme said i think im going to get one bought

·
Registered
764 Posts
It should add about 12hp to the car.

I did get charger import tax but i cant remember how much, i think about ?60. But why not order the eip short shifter and lower transmission mount, which i have just ordered [;)] and get a better deal.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well, a lovely lady in a brown unirom just turned up with my dogbone mount ans short shifter. I didnt get charged any import duty so im pretty happy. And it came after only ordering it on saturday

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
think im going to get a diesel geek short shifter. let us know what you think to the motor mount though pomme. how come you decided to go for the eip motor mount and not a powerflex one?

thanks, rob

·
Registered
764 Posts
Just had them both fitted as well as a tt lower stress bar. Ive got to say wow, the ss is really nice as its nice and small movements, but feeld nice and sturdy down the lever.

The motour mount, seems to be good quality. Yeah it does look like the old oem one, but the bushes are defenately different and it is alot lighter then the old one, so porbably made of a different metal, so not just being old oem ones painted with different bushes.

As to the tt bar, it was only like ?19 so i wasnt really sure what it would be like, but it does seem to make the car handle better. Obviously not a huge difference but the car does seem a bit flatter through the corners.

Andrew

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
The motour mount, seems to be good quality. Yeah it does look like the old oem one, but the bushes are defenately different and it is alot lighter then the old one, so porbably made of a different metal, so not just being old oem ones painted with different bushes.
[:|]

You must have got a different one then, because mine is physically exactly like the OEM mount (except for where they clearly skimmed off the VW/Audi logos) and every bit as heavy.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
i spoke to amd yesterday and they advised me to stick with the standard air filter and dont change anything!
Strange, because when I spoke to them I got a different response!

I went for a K&N Typhoon in the end:

Posted Image

1 - 19 of 19 Posts