Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I'm getting a R-Line Body kit fitted to my GT-TDi (130) in met black this week. Front bumper, side skirts & rear spoiler all genuine parts done by VW a bit pricey but hey it will be a class job, i hope. I've already fitted some ACE132's 18" 225-40-18, but my concern is the rear bumper i dont know what to have done to it, has anyone got any ideas or photos for me please.

p.s does this kit fit without any complications?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Posted Image

Custom R-Line rear!

Can you do me a favour and let me know where you purchased your
bodykit? Im really considering one and was planning on creating a
thread asking if anyone could help me find a place to purchase the full
kit.

Cheers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've got mine from VW it's cost me ?960 for front bumper, side skirts & boot spoiler + ?250 for painting & fitting. i personaly dont think thats a bad price for the genuine gear. Its getting done this thurs/fri so i'll post pic's when its completed.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Posted Image

Custom R-Line rear!

Can you do me a favour and let me know where you purchased your bodykit? Im really considering one and was planning on creating a thread asking if anyone could help me find a place to purchase the full kit.

Cheers!
Awesome GTI were selling the kit. Must be cheaper than the stealers ??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actualy to my suprise at VW it cost me ?379.57 for front bumper, at awesome it is ?380 so not much differance really, but if you dont live near awsome it could cost you a lot of big one's as they dont deliver this kit for some reason. But there is usually a VW garage down the road. So to sum it up the price differance is pence really if you live near Awesome (i do use Awesome its a cool parts retailer) and is usually the cheaper option.

This is a price breakdown of the bits:

Sideskirts ?280.00

Frontbumper ?379.57

Roofspoiler ?160.00

Painting/Fitt ?250.00

Damm VAT ?143.42

Total ?1,212.99

·
Registered
555 Posts
hi mate im gona get the r32 bumper and anni sideskirts when funds allow,just bought some bbs rc  and gona get some tyres for it aswell as lowering it.got a 5 door  so will look similar to what you are doing,will post pics when its done,keep us posted on how yours is going

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
If you get your car to look like that, you'll be doing fine mate. Nice wheels too.

As for the red one above though....[:'(] 'orrible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i'm gonna try my best, it's well on the way, the parts will be painted by now. just a little glitck, the bonding kit they use is out of stock at the mo it had to be specially ordered from VW, they will only use the genuine stuff, which i suppose is a good thing really, its due to arrive thus/fri this week so hopefully i should have it back at the weekend (fingers x). I still haven't sorted a bumper out for the rear yet though, i'm gonna see what it looks like without 1 first, cos i dont want it to look too over the top.

Thanx 4 your interest

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Tis gonna look cool when done!

If you dont like the r line rear bumper how about smoothing the original one?
Remove the rub strips and blend the lower plastic valance into the bumper would look great but subtle and not ott.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went to my local VW garage the other day to find a price for the
R-Line front bumper, skits and bumper and im looking at over ?1000+
which ive got to admit is pretty expensive. What i was wondering, would
it be possible to just purchase the bumper and skirts and buy the R32
bumper on eBay and save a fortune? Im 99% sure they are the same front
bumpers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've heard a few differant stories on this 1, the guy who's fitting mine says there is alot more faffing about fitting the R-32 bumper cos the lights are a bit differant shape the arch liners are a differant shape and also something to do with the way the brackets are situated e.t.c. But there is a fair few people fitted them so it sounds like, it depends who's fitting the damm things. I got the R-line 1 cos thats what i was advised, I was also advised to steer clear from re-productions, Has the paint chips really easy on them. And i have seen this first hand (what a mess) it looked after about 6 month.

by the way the guys painting & fitting mine are VW's bodyshop.

(R-32 & R-Line are not the same bumpers) look at this thread...

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/144938.aspx

1 - 20 of 43 Posts