Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
With his special style of filming it was going to happen eventually. Still he will be missed across the world.

R.I.P steve

·
Registered
639 Posts
Wow, bit of a shock to wake up to that! Shame, there was no one else like him (or possibly as stupid!). I'm sure a lot of people are left with funny memories of him, and I bet 9/10 of us on here have done a few (poor) impressions of him!

Crikey mate! R.I.P Steve Irwin.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
That was a shock!! His energy and enthusiasim for all wildlife will be sadly missed, my thoughts are with his family and friends [:(]

R.I.P Steve.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Lol he was good to watch but anyone doing stupid things around dangerous animals and creatures was bound to get hurt eventually.

RIP

·
Registered
266 Posts
Couldnt believe it when Dom read it out in the news on radio 1, thought it might have been a chris moyles joke, but jeeeesus! Thought it would have been a croc or a snake that would have got him. The nature world wont be the same without him, its a great loss.

R.I.P. Steve.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
RIP an thoughts goto his family.... we need more people like him educating people about there enviroment and encouraging people to look around them but to also show respect for whet we have ...

i am sure he will be missed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Gutted, I always half-expected him to be killed years ago the way he used to pounce on dangerous wildlife but I'm quite shocked as recently I've only really seen him in zoos in controlled environments. Whatever he did, the enthusiasm he had for the best interests of the reptiles etc he was working with always shone through, he cared for them with a passion & was never shy in showing it.

Got to feel for his family & friends at this time

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
RIP an thoughts goto his family.... we need more people like him educating people about there enviroment and encouraging people to look around them but to also show respect for whet we have ...

i am sure he will be missed.
Hear hear Andy ! Well said. the natural world and wildlife is too often given a back seat due to other world issues.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I'm sure a lot of people are left with funny memories of him, and I bet 9/10 of us on here have done a few (poor) impressions of him!

Crikey mate! R.I.P Steve Irwin.
Ditto that ! One of my first memories of Steve was him with a bloody great snake hanging from that bit of skin between ya thumb and forefinger, holding his hand in the air, level with his shoulders and saying to the camera with that alarmed look on his face, in the thickest aussie accent, "Christ mate, this is bloody dangerous !" I remember thinking along the lines of "No sh** sherlock !" I can picture it in my head right now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Crikey Mate!

A bloke who will be missed across the globe, someone who shared his real passion for something on the screen, his

unrelenting enthusiasm for wildlife was the thing that always came across whenever I saw him, like someone already said, we

need more people like him in this world to get the conservation message across to kids, someone who made it fun for them

to learn.

Thoughts are with his family, but escpecially his 2 little ones who will now miss growing up with what I reckon would have been a

pretty cool Dad. :(

R.I.P. Steve.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Met Steve, his wife and kids at the Australia Zoo back in 2003, just like he is on TV and a really nice bloke!

Really sad he's passed on but at least he was doing what he loved, almost as much as his family.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
I only heard this evening! No way - Im actually in shock. Im terribly sad to hear this aweful news..... He was ace, and you have to admit, if you watched him on TV alot you felt like you knew him. Very sad indeed. [:(]

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
countless times i have seen him wrestle and catch live meat eating croc's, handle some fo the worlds most venomous snakes and spiders and to hear he was killed by a stingray, well im shocked.

i was told this morning but i didnt belive it at first

·
Registered
548 Posts
The best TV to come out of OZ since chopper.Put a smile on your face and brought fun to animal the kingdom, and at the same time educated you too.

i will raise a glass to him at the weekend

1 - 20 of 36 Posts