Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I fitted mine by removing the bumper, lined up the splitter at the mid point then clamped it into place. Self tappers and sealant, the ends will then need to be trimmed in line with the ends of the bumper as it will sit wider.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
The Leon Cupra R splitter fits around 80% of cars on the road haha. All tuning forums have talk of this being fitted to various cars.

Just a case of sticking self tappers in, or drilling holes and using nut/bolts. Could pop-rivet it on if you wanted.

Your car, your choice.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i got mine a couple months back it was round 20 quid then, i used the nut and bolt method as i found this to be a stronger hold then the self tappers.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
i got mine a couple months back it was round 20 quid then, i used the nut and bolt method as i found this to be a stronger hold then the self tappers.
I had my last one fitted on with self tappers. It got ripped off during the heavy snow (unplanned snow ploughing) I will be fitting my new one with nut's and bolt's!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I had my last one fitted on with self tappers. It got ripped off during the heavy snow (unplanned snow ploughing) I will be fitting my new one with nut's and bolt's!
thats exactly why i used the nut and bolts, used 4 bolts on each side i dont think the splitter coming off now,

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
thats exactly why i used the nut and bolts, used 4 bolts on each side i dont think the splitter coming off now,
I had mine on with approx 50 self tappers.....the snow still won[cry]

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
i used self tappers to fit mine only to catch it going onto my driveway and pulling out 1 screw then driving over that screw and getting a puncture. now riveted on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts