Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
It doesn't look half bad but I never liked the front of the mk1 octavia... I still don't the rear reminds me of the old audi a4 the front is just off... like they tried to copy the old passat front and make it more angular...

But that is the design I don't like, it looks good for it's age!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't look half bad but I never liked the front of the mk1 octavia... I still don't the rear reminds me of the old audi a4 the front is just off... like they tried to copy the old passat front and make it more angular...

But that is the design I don't like, it looks good for it's age!
Weird ain't it... I love the front of the thing, not mad keen on the back.. it's a bit roundy and odd and should have tinted lights.

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Yeah it is a starter model like they took parts from the shop that were left and just chucked the car together...
I think the sides are 100% golf 5 door mixed with audi a4 rear with polo estate rear lights... and you are right... same with the veccy I hated the red and white so blacked out the red... (tint sprayed it, but not to a gloss finish as that is just poop) and now the back looks way better

I suggest you do the same a rattle can is just 6 pounds and lasts 4 sets and mine are as good as black... and I did spray 6 layers each on them.... passed mot with them like that 3 years in a row so no problem with the stuff... but it would be better with some bright as the sun led brake and side lights... but haven't done that yet as the veccy dislikes led bulbs, I'll literally have light bulb warnings all the time and that is with canbus error free bulbs... and putting in just a resistor is a no no on the veccy as I have to put in a relay too.

So to much work and will get that if I decide not to get rid this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts