Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all (2000 and upwards) have cruise control? and do heated seats only come with leather seats?

In fact what is the spec?

Thanks guys and gals

[^]

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Deadlock,my 4mo is an 02/02 UK car,and it does not have cruise fitted. I have heated seats,but they are the leather sports (not Recaro) seats. Standard spec includes: ABS/ESP,Climatronic,Rain sensor wipers/Auto dimming rear view mirror,Walnut dash/door handle trim,front armrest,Dash mounted 6 CD,Gamma stereo,Height/lumbar adjust on both front seats. Mine has 3 rear head restraints,and a centre 3 point seatbelt-not sure if this was part of the leather trim option pack. Leather was not standard on these cars(?1500 option),but there are very few without it. Its worth trying to find one with Recaro trim-I sat in Andymacs car at the Liverpool meet a few months back,and the difference is amazing. Well worth getting hold of if you can. Hope this helps mate. Paul.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Cool,does this mean we'll have another 4mo in our midst soon then? The more the merrier i say. Just remember to budget for fuel! Ha ha. Seriously though,its well worth getting them professionally checked out,as thers a few things on them that could be a tad expensive if they go wrong-Haldex coupling on 4 wheel drive,etc. I remember Jambo69 getting caught out buying one a while ago,id hate to see someone else in the same boat. If theres anything elae you need to know,just ask. Otherwise,hope you get a good'un,theyre good fun! Paul.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats the one of the things i'm worried about as well, but It comes with 30 day exchange as well so not too bad i suppose!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
2000 W plate. Normal sports seats [:(!] not heated [V] didn't have cruise [}:)]

Did have Votex kit, full colour coding and 17's though [:p]

Oh and it's got cruise now [;)]

Good luck on the purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The recaros have heated seats as std and are useful in this weather as it take a few miles to get the cabin warm Cruise on the indicator stalk was an option, and can be retrofitted. I think later cars could have cruise on the multifunction steering wheel

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With all the info on this forum (past topics as well) and stuff that i've found on the web, I feel that I have a nice bit of knowledge on the V64MO

Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up my black 4mo about 2 months ago - had a 51 plate but changed to R9BB W and have started customising it a bit. Has beige recaro leather heated seats, sat nav, sunroof etc. but no cruise control. Had a Y plate Golf 2.0 GTI for 3 months prior to that and hated it - no oooooomph at all. V6 has sorted that problem - god bless the bods at VW....[|)]

Have just bought 18" Stainless Steel 9 Razze Inox alloys, set of toyo T1-S and painted calipers red. Already fitted twin angel eye headlamps and Led cluster taillamps (custom tinted), wolfsburg mats & alloy tax disc holder & ABT rear spoiler. Can anyone recommend a decent bodykit (not too aggressive) to finish off - have been looking at oettinger kit and what sort of performance upgrades i might consider - induction, remapping etc. and also what sort of dvd player i could add and use through the sat nav as well as additional monitors - would be grateful for any thoughts as i am new to the game and know pretty much b*gger all....[:I]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right Both cars have got Cruise control (which is good!) one has cream interior - i'm in two minds about this! but actually looks nice!! the other is black with blue bits on the seat hmm?????

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Saw the cream interior! yeah I agree, it will take regular cleaning, but thats not a problem for me, but its actually quite nice! I didn't think i'd like it but actually I do!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts