Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post a quick pic of my latest mod - cleaned up front end. The standard size number plate has been replaced by a short version. In addition, the number plate has been moved to the front spoiler. All holes left behind (all six of them!!) have now been filled, smoothed and painted over.

Posted Image

Scott

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Looks cool Scott[H], although how long is your plate gonna last down there with stones?. Passed your car yesterday, going towards Rutherglen, looks like it needed a wash[;)] nearly as bad as mine was[:p]. You getting the polish out for the big meet next weekend mate?

·
Registered
379 Posts
hmmm looks good, but not sure if its better than the original position. Looks like its hanging very low?! You could possibly lose that by coming off a high pavement! Otherwise very nice and tidy car mate!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. Time will tell if the plate will end up broken. The new location will allow me to remove the plate completely for shows etc (only a couple of small holes will be left in the front spoiler). Have a shortened German style plate on order for the rear.

Andy - gave the car a quick wash this morning. Will get the polish out next weekend for the big show. If all goes to plan, I will get the Schmidt TH Line alloys (still in transit from Germany!!) and German rear plate on for the show. Will also remove the front plate when I get to the show.

Scott

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oh man, that looks really good! I was wondering what you meant when you
were talking about smoothing/painting the front end, but that looks
spot-on.[:D]

·
Registered
21 Posts
I Quite like it mate. I will see the job the bodyshop done on your grill at the show on sunday. I better start polishing mine and get the winter wheels off before sun.

Thanks for your help on the bodyshop.

Jamie

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Andy - gave the car a quick wash this morning. Will get the polish out next weekend for the big show. If all goes to plan, I will get the Schmidt TH Line alloys (still in transit from Germany!!) and German rear plate on for the show. Will also remove the front plate when I get to the show.

Scott
Yep, saw you had given it a clean, looked nice and shiney[H] you passed me last night on Cathcart Road about 6'ish. I was parked up at the side of the road, just past the bank at Allison St. junction.

Looking forward to seeing it on Sunday, hopefully with the new wheels and German plates!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andy,

Didn't see you mate, were you in the Bora? - I was on my way home from the airport (away on business) and was still half asleep (bit of an early start yesterday!!).

I really hope the new wheels turn up in time for the meet on Sunday. To be honest, I am starting to lose the rag with R&A design over the delay in getting them. I have been assured that they will arrive this week, so fingers crossed.

Catch you on Sunday.

Scott

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Yeah Scott, the Bora was parked up and I was walking over to it, had just came out of the Spar shop.

Seen you again this morning coming along just past Shawfield heading towards town. I gave you a flash but dont think you spotted me.

Anyway, catch you Sunday mate!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts