Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi mate, just a quick question, ordered a new geraknob from the dealer and pick it up tomorrow, i was just wondering what you used to get the gold clasp off holding the knob on?
and what are you going to use to re-secure it?

Thanks, Jord.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate, just a quick question, ordered a new geraknob from the dealer and pick it up tomorrow, i was just wondering what you used to get the gold clasp off holding the knob on?
and what are you going to use to re-secure it?

Thanks, Jord.
Well i haven't taken the one of the car yet got a cheap 4motion wood gear knob and boot so i am going to customize it so striping it down ATM, but i think you just use some pliers and brake it off then what i am doing to re-secure it going to use a jubilee clip but people some times us tie raps.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ahh great thanks! Not looking forward to pulling the knob off though im a right weakling, it will take me ages! [:p] haha

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh great thanks! Not looking forward to pulling the knob off though im a right weakling, it will take me ages!
haha
lol same here but i am worried that ill rip the gear box out lol i can be very heavy handed lol dosnt look like a hard joby, let us know how it gose mate [Y]

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ahh great thanks! Not looking forward to pulling the knob off though im a right weakling, it will take me ages!
haha
lol same here but i am worried that ill rip the gear box out lol i can be very heavy handed lol dosnt look like a hard joby, let us know how it gose mate

Trust me if you manage to rip the gearbox out with your bare hands, your no weakling

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trust me if you manage to rip the gearbox out with your bare hands, your no weakling
. . . my nic name at work is hulk hands lol

i ve ripped out my rear cup holder on accident
head butted my passenger side mirror off
broke two drop link bolts clean in two when tinting them up
pulled off passenger side handle above the door
Broke countless clips

Etc lol

same at work, i ve ever got a genital touch or the touch of a elephant lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts