Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what they are......

a sort of in between wash spruce up...........though only for us frequent washers, else you will rub grit etc in......

megs origianl quick detailer?

the NXT speed detailer?

poorboys one?

a different one?

whats your weapon of choice?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stuff the smell!!!........though i agree some of this stuff smells REAL good.......

what about the results!!

poorboys anyone used?......its just i noticed it on serious's site......

i'm using the megs original stuff, nothing wrong with it, takes a little buffing, but i'm nearly out......so starting to feel the ground for a new one..

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use the poorboys one and find that lasts for ages and re-invigourates the wax already on it and shirts dust ;)

Essex, there is no such thing as the BEST!!!! - man I hate that word
who mentioned best?...[:$]

and you say rejuvinates the wax......presumably you use poorboys wax and it has that effect on only that?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You did essex, but i'll let you off as you edited it out ;)

I use clearkote waxes not poorboys, so they are not mutually exclusive at all. Best thing you can do is get some samples.

I did Zugans Fabia VRS last night, claybar (only 6k miles but was covered in shit), SSR2, clearkote handglaze, clearkots cab wax - crumbs you should see it and feel it, looks bloody awesome. Bet it did not look that good coming out of the factory! I also virosolld the wheels + claybar and tyre dressing. (he helped fix my window regular so I owed him :))

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
He took some pics but they came out blurred...

So I think he is going to take some more today. As a result he is doing a big order from Serious Performance ;) finally seen the light!

It was worth it to see his smile on his face, he has only had it for a week, looked flipping showroom!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Oxford turned me on to Clearkote stuff, I haven't tried their quick shine detailer yet (have just ordered it so will let you know results) But their other stuff! A+ well, you've seen my 4 mo!

At the moment I am using NTX Booster wax after washes etc, on top of a clearkote application which was done 2 or 3 weeks ago! comes up nice!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Easy to get turned on by the wet look clearkote shine :)
i know what you mean......in a strange kinda way......

the clearkote stuff looks kinda weird in its "cheap looking" bottles.....but then i spose thats when companies spend loads on packaging, just to get you to buy thiers....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Clearkote quick shine is a very good QD, one of the best around, miles better than any Megs rubbish. If you want a QD spray with a little more, try Pinnacle Crystal Mist or Optimum Spray Wax, both are outstanding sprays and very easy to use leaving a slick finish with some carnauba protection too, OSW contains sealant as well and they say up to 5 months protection, it certainly beads very well weeks after applying - fantastic all-rounder for ?10.95! Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz is also another one I've tried and found it to be very good too.

If I want to do a quick wash'n'wax I always reach for Optimum just now - wax and seal the car in 15 mins!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.