Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , I recently got my first car ( golf mk4 AHF 110 ) and last week i took it in for a remap from a very reputable company. Before getting the tune i read some forums and read that it is very normal that a tuned diesel will emit black smoke. The car is not emitting any black smoke even when revved to redline and wanted to ask if this is normal ?

The tuner also advised me that in the higher ranges the car is not performing to its maximum ability and stated that this may be an issue caused by the engine not getting enough air. I am not sure how this is possible as before doing the remap the engine was completely dismantled by my mechanic and cleaned as a connecting rod needed to be replaced.

I would love any feedback regarding this.

Thank you.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
wait it's not putting out black smoke at all? than it's properly done... If he says it's lacking air at the top end and they cleaned the engine before hand, you might want to replace the oem airfilter for a sport panel filter (not a cone filter) and do the airbox mod. that should be all that is needed. but you could also change the intake setup to that of the ASZ it is bigger in diameter so will flow more air.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wait it's not putting out black smoke at all? than it's properly done... If he says it's lacking air at the top end and they cleaned the engine before hand, you might want to replace the oem airfilter for a sport panel filter (not a cone filter) and do the airbox mod. that should be all that is needed. but you could also change the intake setup to that of the ASZ it is bigger in diameter so will flow more air.
Hi , yes its not smoking at all. Thank you for confirming that that's normal and regarding the intake yes I was looking into installing one from an ASZ. Thanks for the help :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts