Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hands up!

I'm gonna make the most of Curry's/Dixons 6 month interest free offer to get mine tomorrow, assuming they have any left like!

I've just seen the amount of stuff besides games it can be used for and
im impressed! A 1gb card is the immediate purchase after the machine
[;)]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I was gonna ask this too, I cant justify spending that much money on one [:(] but really want one for those boring times between lectures lol

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I've got a jap one and it rocks ! there are suggestions loads of stuff will be developed for it like an email client internet surfing and even GPS navigation! with a large memory card you can use it as a portable media player in mp4 format or even buy dvd's on psp discs to watch, so I'd say buy one

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
I'm definitely getting one. I was going to get one today, but there aren't many games out for it yet that I want to play.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Pre-Ordered mine at Gamestation. One of my buds work there.
Got it first at midnight last night (Midnight Launch).

It's got to be the best portable gaming device ever!!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you sign up with Kays you can get 20% off your first order.... Join a cashback site and get another 3-4% off as well... All-in you could probably have one for about ?135-ish

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Just picked mine up with Toca 2 and I have to say that it is very impressive!

Taking it on holiday and then selling it on ebay when i return for mega money in the run up to xmas.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got mine!

Got it with Ridge Racer for now until i get my 1gb card....... superb,
much better than i had anticipated. The screen is superb, sound
excellent, and the amount of things you can do with it thanks to the
removable memory is great!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
No way I'd spend that much on a handheld device. Maybe once the price drops but not until. I'll save my money for Xbox 360.

·
Registered
794 Posts
had mine last december

Wicked bit of kit, but has been in the cupboard for a while now.

Still running on version 1.0 software. If your new to the PSP dont upgrade to 2.0 if its still running 1.52. You will get a nice browser but you cant play homebrew software, like older name style games...

You can also run the games off large memory cards...but cant say how and where on here

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah I got my JP one ages ago but its been collecting dust for abit too
, might go see what Games are avail. Oh and unlucky you guys cause I
think they come with the 2.0 firmware which dosent allow you to use
homebrew such as Doom and Quake on it etc.

·
Registered
558 Posts
They are a lovely piece of kit and I would love one for on the train everyday but -

1. No need for music storage as I already have an Ipod.

2. Great for watching films, but I've already spent a crap load on DVDs. Can you buy blank discs and record onto them from DVD?

3. I love my gaming, but I already have a C64, PS1, PS2 and am waiting for a PS3. Do I really want to play games on the train as well and/or buy other games in other formats?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well i jsut went down to HMV and bort one, only had 2 left apparently, got ridge racer too, not unpacked it yet tho

Chris

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I've also had one since the begining of the year, and have upgraded to to Firmware 2.0 as I never used the homebrew stuff.

It has gathered dust for a few months, but is ideal when travelling or
if you know you gonna have to wait somewhere for a while.

The only gripe I have with the PSP is that the screen isn't that viewable in sunlight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a US PSP. I bought Virtua Tennis (1 day before release [:)]) and
it's great, just like the dreamcast/ps2 version. I had version 1.5
firmware but to play the game it made me install version 1.52 (which
was on the disc). I was unable to play the game without doing this.
Just a warning for you people.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are fooling people into upgrading firmware now to close the gaps they had left in versions 1.00 and 1.50. My PSP came this morning with 1.52 and a warning note that i must use the disc in the box to update to version 2.00!

There is apparantly a tool ready to be released that can roll back versions 1.51/2 to 1.50 to re-enable homebrew apps, but if you upgrade to 2.00 your screwed by the looks of it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
So does the UK version allow wireless net, the guy in HMV said it didnt!

As u may know my gran has had a TIA (mini stroke) so not had time to play as went staright from hospital to pub! However i just realised what the bag from HMV says:

Posted Image

I walked home through town with that over my shouler... surely thats madness as these bags were only given to people who got a PSP... talk about opportunity for mugging!

Also grahamO if u see this, dont tell gemma (my girlfriend) i got one, she will kill me for wasting money lol

1 - 20 of 79 Posts