Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
what you only bought the seats not the doorcards? in that case have the doorcards retrimmed and let them sort the rubber peeling stuff too.... they'll either rub it all away or flock it and if you decide to flock the lot you can choose plenty of colours (you can also diy that process, but it's a messy job)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Well what a difference a clean makes. I set off for the beach this morning, leaving my key with the local detailer (HOME | Zealous) and as I get unpacked on the beach I get the completed photos.

Safe to say I'm really happy with how they turned out. I haven't had the chance to check them out yet!

Sent from my CPH2067 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Definitely. I'm in them for £140 now and I reckon the loom will take me to £200.

Maybe manage to get the cost of the loom back by selling the cloth interior but who knows.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 · (Edited)
Rear bases in whilst on a meeting had to swap an air cover on the ear edge from the GT trim, and also the seat loop from the single base on the GT to the double base on the leather.

I can't work out how to remove the backs so I'll do a quick Google and try these later

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Does anyone want some recaros?

Gonna run this into the ground or until something I like comes along. No point in having these seats

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Perhaps the right decision, you've seemingly been in two minds about the car for a while now.

Should easily be able to get your money back for the seats, plus some more now you've cleaned them up. GLWTS.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
A bit gutted to be honest.

I love a mk4. But I'll plough £1500 into it and it'll handle well and have about 220bhp but still look rough and be rough inside.

Whereas I can put that into a VR a3 and have 250 and a base for further mods. It'll handle a damn sight better too.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Also true, but I barely travel these days. There is definitely something liberating about owning a messy car.

I'll still get the odd bit to tidy this up here and there, it's not a rash decision and I won't buy something for the sake of it.

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
i have seen you uhm and arh about this car so many times now i'm just going to ignore it... as long as you got this car just keep it going and mess about with it at a certain point it won't owe you anything i did it with mine and when i noticed it did a stellar 470K miles i called it a day as the body was so bad it needed a new shell... i wasn't going to do that with an engine with so many miles on it, so i scrapped it after i sold most of the upgrades on.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
So the chairs went last weekend. Marginal profit. Good decision I think.

Already on the lookout for something new but it'll be a little while.

In the meantime, the rear drivers wheel was making a clunk that sped up when the car did. I couldn't see anything obvious apart from the rear spring looked to be slightly out of line.

I span the spring around to stop it slipping off the upper stop when I let the car down and it's fixed it. Or it's a coincidence!

Any ideas why or even if that could have been the culprit?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good result on the seats.

Potentially sticking pads? But not sure they'd clunk in any way.

Or could just be that you had something like a stone lodged somewhere and when you put the car in the air it dislodged it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Yeah I can't imagine suspension would do it. But I could see the spring was not seating properly and now the clunk has gone!

Guess I'll never know eh

121 - 140 of 169 Posts