Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Bottom right on workmate - that looks like a Mk5 top mount - in fact is that a Mk5 strut you are trying to fit to a Mk4?

Can't say I have seen that done before - it may work, but I'm skeptical

Also be aware that Mk5 front shock bodies come in 2 diameters, if you do continue compare old to Mk5 ones.

BTW - if you have a socket kit, it usually has the bigger Spark plug socket - that is a deep 21mm

·
Registered
942 Posts
It looks like you were sold a pup!

Mk1 LCR have an up-rated similar version of Mk4 ones that wedge into the shock tower and have a limit plate over the top.

The triangular top mounts with bolts came after Mk4 on Mk5 or Mk2 LCR.

·
Registered
942 Posts
You may be able to raise a claim with ebay - but you are on the month since sale today.

If you end up stuck with them, both springs & shocks look good condition - I would split the springs off the shocks and clean them all up - sell the springs as a set - look up the eibach numbers and find the kit and list them, you should get your money back on the springs alone

- Mk5 chassis loves to break rear springs, so there is a market for good springs.

List the shocks separately, again look up their PN to confirm they are LCR.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Paired with TT links you should be fine on standard suspension, but if you are going really low you may need to shorten them.
The TT front end is a great upgrade - did it come with the lower brace that links the front of the subframe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts