Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im starting a project to get my 25th anniversary recaros heated!!!!

Ive got my switches and loom ready to go thanks to foxy [:D] , and now im ready to carry on and get the seats sorted. But im missing one big things, heated seat pads!

The first problem is im not 100% sure how many pads are in each seat, i think it is 3 but it could 2 so if anyone can clear this up for me i will be very greatful.

The second problem is which pads do i need? Correct me if im wrong but is it true that the anni recaro's are shaped differently to the normal recaros? Somebody told me they are the same shape as S3 recaros?!? If so i will be able to source pads off audi maybe.

Third and final thing is are the pads stitched into the seats? Or are they just simply fit between the fabric and the seat cushion?

Once i get the right pads i will be doing a full how-to retro fit heated seats to an anniversary and will list a full list of part numbers and everything ive used.

Hope you lot can help me out

thanks rob [^]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by rob_watti on 10/01/2005 20:33:58

Hi guys, im starting a project to get my 25th anniversary recaros heated!!!!

Ive got my switches and loom ready to go thanks to foxy [:D] , and now im ready to carry on and get the seats sorted. But im missing one big things, heated seat pads!

The first problem is im not 100% sure how many pads are in each seat, i think it is 3 but it could 2 so if anyone can clear this up for me i will be very greatful.

The second problem is which pads do i need? Correct me if im wrong but is it true that the anni recaro's are shaped differently to the normal recaros? Somebody told me they are the same shape as S3 recaros?!? If so i will be able to source pads off audi maybe.

Third and final thing is are the pads stitched into the seats? Or are they just simply fit between the fabric and the seat cushion?

Once i get the right pads i will be doing a full how-to retro fit heated seats to an anniversary and will list a full list of part numbers and everything ive used.

Hope you lot can help me out

thanks rob [^]

99% sure the anni recaros are exactly the same as all the others buddy, just nicer cloth and detail.

Right, onto the real task.

Heated pads come in two forms in the golf, sport seats have two units simply seat base and back. I have now priced these up (my specail stealer prices) at ?160 for the front seat set.

The recaro is split into 6 units. you have heating in the base, back and all 4 side bolsters.

As I have just gone from sport heated leather, to un heated recaro cloth, when I get my re-trim in leather I have decided that the heating on base and back was enough, so am actually going to stick with the 'sport' pads, which are about half the price of the Recaro set.

Hope this answers your query.[:D] (Was literally asking about this today at VW!![;)]

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anybody got any pics of s3 recaros then i can compare them to my anni seats. i will also look on etka at the seat pads on the golf recaros and then the seat pads in the s3 recaros and see whether i come up with the same part numbers! or very similar ones anyway

asqh4r: i want the proper vw pads really mate but that would be a very luxurious option. :)

I will keep you posted on my progress

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by EddyH on 11/01/2005 16:42:40

Not the best photo but it shows how the back and headrest slot are the same style:

Posted Image

I am mistaken, my apolgies. Am I right in thinking that the sunken headrest effect is not as pronounced on the s3 though, if at all?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I do believe your right shaq. and i would think that even the VW heating pads would fit easily on... as the shape of the seat base and the lumbar area (the areas that are heated) are the same on the Anni seat as the regular recaro.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by hmi1750 on 12/01/2005 00:54:28

I do believe your right shaq. and i would think that even the VW heating pads would fit easily on... as the shape of the seat base and the lumbar area (the areas that are heated) are the same on the Anni seat as the regular recaro.

Very true... am deffo sticking with the sport seat pad option now, priced up the recaros... you cant by the heating seperate to the foam, well in excess of ?300 at least!!! ?160 for complete sport pads sounds like a bargain now!![:D]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Having owned the normal GTI Recaros, an Audi S3 and a Golf Anniversary [:D] I can confirm the Anni Recaros are not the same as normal GTI Recaros, I think the side bolsters are larger, the backrest is also very similar to the S3 seats, the seat pad is not like the S3 Recaros though - much more similar to the GTI Recaros.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by rob_watti on 12/01/2005 19:46:41

do you have the part numbers for them evil homer??, if that is the case i think that is the route i will be taking aswell. do they sport ones just lay unattached then??

Will post the part numbers asap. As far as im aware they are just available to be bought seperately to the foams for the Sport seats, although I think they need to be attached to the foams of your seats via some form of heat proof adhesive.

I'll get sme definite answers. [:D]

I think the Anni seat are a LOVE CHILD of the S3 seat and a set of standard Rec's....!!!!

C

That is so definitely true!!! been looking at an s3, and an anni today... all three are very different, anni is like half way between the two!!![:D]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Eddy,

Handa has stock recaro's, just retrimmed in a similar fashion to anni/s3 seats.

Except the material i'd say the anni recaro's are pretty much the same as stock ones? Anyone else agree? From what i've seen the actual seat is the exact same design it is just trimmed differently.

I think we can all agree though that S3 recaro's are pure sex!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts