While waiting for the head to come back I got around to fitting the strut brace.
Out with the trusty old angle grinder once again.
The first job cut off the support tabs and then tidy up the remaining parts of the weld with a flap disc.
I spent a while wondering about the cuts so that it would fit the part around and under the bonnet support gas strut and not have to cut all the way through the metal. Sprayed the newly cut areas with gloss black metal paint.
offering it up before drilling the holes
Drill ready with some cutting oil. Interestingly I have to send the Milwaukee drill in for some warranty work. the chuck is not as good as the drill. I will replace it with a Rohm chuck in the near future if the Milwaukee replacement is no good.
Points marked and drilling the small pilot holes
Working up slowly to the 8mm size I wanted
Some touch up paint in the holes and left to dry. Then put some jacks under the control arms (car is still on stands) and took the weight to lift the car just off the stands and then lowered so just touching to simulate being on the wheels and then offered up the Wurth M8 bolts, washers and lock nuts and tightened it all down.
I then repeated the cuts, sanding and painting on the other 2 strut braces for the 2 other cars in advance of fitting them.