Another day of good progress. Tonight a big thanks once again to my pal Ian.
Got the bracket straightened and a new copper brake line fitted. We will be replacing the other brake line soon - need to drop the fuel tank to get it replaced so that job is for another day.
The hole in the axle cleaned up.
Cutting a plate to fit.
Welding into place.
Then set to bleeding the brakes. Old school, me in the driver's seat working the pedal and my pal Ian under the car cracking the bleed nipples. You get a very different view of the workshop when the car is lifted all the way up on a 2 poster. We got a lot of air out of the back brakes and nearside front, yet the pedal was still a bit soft. Found more air in the master cylinder. Brake pedal feels right now.
The misfire settled down on the way home - I reckon she could do with getting a load of good fuel in the tank and a good hard run or two under her belt.
I checked the temp sensor housing just now and all nice and dry so hopefully, that is now sorted. Will check it periodically.
Tyres seem to be holding pressure now.
The headlamp washers are still leaking. I did give them a squirt earlier - looks like the driver's side is a bit reluctant to fire properly. I wonder if they might settle down with some use. Cars sat unused for ages does nothing any good.
I am looking forward to having a good drive in it.