Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Progress Pics.......

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  GeordieChris 
#1 ·
Ok so I've had the car for 4 months now and it was fairly standard when I got it. So with some inspiration from the very wonderfull and knowledgeable members of uk-mkivs I have started on my way to having a really nice car (may be open to some debate). Anyway there have been a few things added to it over the last few months and I thought I would share some pics with you! Sorry some of them are a bit dark!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know what everyone thinks!

Martin

See less See more
#6 ·
Looking good mate. Have you thought about some anni lights for the front end to make it dark and moody? [:p]
Yeah mate definatly gonna make an appearance at some point. Just at the moment they are lost somewhere on a mahoosive list of stuff "to be done" next on the list is the coilovers so once thats done I'll look at it again. Just wish I had the cash to do it right now all in one go.

Thanks for the positive comments anyways guys it's nice to know that the folks who actually know something about Mk4s appreciate what I have done so far.

#8 ·
WOW [:O] Thats lovely!

COngratulations, you have a car that has made me say for the first time that I like the car bra and the A8's. Very tasteful mods and I love the colour. Miss my old flash red motor looking at that. For me its missing a aero rear wiper to finish the back off, but thats jus me being fussy! Loving the black badgeless grill, I was toying with the idea of all black gloss wing mirrors before I sold mine, perhaps they would add to your red/black effect without going too far?

On the whole a BRILLIANT effort and for a 1.4 it sure does trick you!

#11 ·
nice car mate, im planning a full anni kit as well on my 1.4!! got the same wheels 2! jus out of interest. 1.4s dont come with colour rub strips to my knowledge. i brought the front and back bumper ones. but how did you do your sides on the doors and door handles? thanks

#12 ·
nice car mate, im planning a full anni kit as well on my 1.4!! got the same wheels 2! jus out of interest. 1.4s dont come with colour rub strips to my knowledge. i brought the front and back bumper ones. but how did you do your sides on the doors and door handles? thanks
I actually managed toget the rub strips from a GTI i assume because a friend appeared one day with them for me. They only cost ?15 aswell which was sweet! The handles are actually the standard ones just painted though! They chip like a bastard so I need them all painted again! Good luck with the anni conversion anyway mate it's definatly worth it!

Thanks again for the other positive comments guys! Definatly thinking about some things from the opinions given! Defintaly thinking 'bout those anni headlights and I'm gonna look into an aero conversion for the back aswell is that hard to do?

Cheers

#14 ·
Looking good mate[H] Gerard was telling me how good it looks in the metal when he seen you the other day. You coming to the meet at the Quay tomorrow (if its still happening?)
Dint realise there was a meet what time is it? Do you know if it's a Mk4 meet or a Scottish VAG one? Anyway I've got the day off so I'll make it through!

#16 ·
Sure its at 1pm mate. Its a UK-MKIVS local meet. There is a post on here under Scotland regional meets. Might see you there, although I'll be driving a Renault Megane for this one[:(]
Sweetness! Ok well I will try and make it through then I'll prolly txt Gerard 'bout it tomoro! Shame you have to drive the French nonsense eh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.