Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how everybody's getting on with the kits - Have they all been received?

Anyone fiited yet? Pics?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Two parts need respraying due to imperfections at bodyshop (Grrrr!) The finish is very good on other parts (currently residing in the lounge!) The colour match is spot on.

I want to fit this myself and have now found out how to remove bumpers (I don't want to use the brute-force method to remove current valances) and am looking into glues to fix the skirts and spoiler.

Warmer weather preferable!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine's all sprayed now, front & rear valances are in my lounge - Should fit them myself tomorrow.

Side skirts & spoiler are still in the bodyshop, leaving the car with them this Weds/Thurs to get fitted - Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[:D][:D][:D]

I now have the car back in my possesion, with fully fitted Anni kit [!]

It looks class, USspecrear lights should be going on tomorrow, also wanna de-badge and give it a good clean.

My brothers gf got a new digi-cam this week so Im gonna try and get her to take a few snaps!

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Nice one Steve, its gonna look awesome.

I'm very jealous, would have loved the anni kit, but missed out on the GB [B)]

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Lee - Give Jeremy a call @ OEM Parts, see if he can offer you a decent price?

Im dying to get the Passatt rear badge on, awaiting the suspension from R1GTI now then on go the Azevs!

When you gonna get the remap sorted out?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Got mine delivered on the friday, dropped it off at the bodyshop the following Monday and picked her up that friday (a week ago now).

Lookes beautiful, im not regretting the hole it my pocket one bit.

My only grumble is that the kit came in one box which was really old and shoddy. It was too small for the skirts which were bent to make them fit. All of it was completely out of the original packaging and covered in dust and crap. The bodyshop later told me that it was a nightmare to fit as most of it was out of shape due to the handling/storage so getting a flush fit was a pain, and their time is my money [B)][!]

Also, they told me the bits had rubbed together or against something so some of it needed re-priming before it could be painted and fitted.

Overall this cost me i reckon an extra hundred quid which i wasnt too happy about.

I wouldnt normally mind as it was a really good price for the kit but when the GB specifically said 'These are all factory items and come complete primed ready for sparying and still in original VAG packaging.' - you can see why i am a little annoyed [V]

·
Registered
637 Posts
Quote: posted by kingkoop on 18/02/2005 16:46:58

Got mine delivered on the friday, dropped it off at the bodyshop the following Monday and picked her up that friday (a week ago now).

Lookes beautiful, im not regretting the hole it my pocket one bit.

My only grumble is that the kit came in one box which was really old and shoddy. It was too small for the skirts which were bent to make them fit. All of it was completely out of the original packaging and covered in dust and crap. The bodyshop later told me that it was a nightmare to fit as most of it was out of shape due to the handling/storage so getting a flush fit was a pain, and their time is my money [B)][!]

Also, they told me the bits had rubbed together or against something so some of it needed re-priming before it could be painted and fitted.

Overall this cost me i reckon an extra hundred quid which i wasnt too happy about.

I wouldnt normally mind as it was a really good price for the kit but when the GB specifically said 'These are all factory items and come complete primed ready for sparying and still in original VAG packaging.' - you can see why i am a little annoyed [V]

I hear you mate!!

Mine was similar. Bits COVERED in crap, one looked BLACK not primed it was that dirty! Mine was all chucked into an old Audi bumper box right size for the bits so no bending etc BUT the spoiler was damaged the end was snapped off, spoke to OEM who are or should that be were going to send a replacement but I haven't had it yet [B)]

I was VERY unimpressed with the packagin also for the same reason as you said?!?! To be fair it was NOT what we were sold and as you said probably ended up cost forum memebers more ?? on preparing it.

I know that a couple fo pieces of mine are chipped and I'l going to have to re-prime it etc before I take it to the shop...

Cheers

C

·
Registered
493 Posts
I thought OEMparts were a good outfit?

I'm still waiting for my R32 spoiler which I paid for on the 3rd. Going by another post about their R32 spoilers it will probably be an Anni one I get instead aswell. Not a happy bunny.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
When i got my anni kit from the dealers it only came in boxes with no padding or pieces to stop the parts moving inside the box. It is pretty poor considering the price of them.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Sorry to hear some of you are not happy with the kits... OEM mentioned to me that packaging might be a problem but I wasn't aware that some of the kits arrived in the condition they did.

OEM are looking to run another GB for the anni kits soon. If the problems we have seen are going to be an issue then they must be resolved before it can be run again.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Steve - bet you cant wait to get the wheels on, TBH i cant wait for you to get em on, coz i wanna see what they look like with the anni kit!

Sorry to hear that you guys had problems with the kit, i think quite a few people will be abit wary about the next groupbuy!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sdesailly: all in good time - im waiting for the suspension to arrive from R1GTI, so it all depends on that really - It should look good when it all comes together, just a waiting game!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts